Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread: New for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Only the "Pro" models come equipped with Flow 3.0.....you'll have to wait for the Makai Pro to debut next year.
    How much difference does the Flow 3.0 make? Going to check out a Makai tomorrow, there is a '18 Mojo Pro there too so maybe I need to try it too?
    Jeremy

2018 Malibu 23 LSV
    2010 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu VLX - Sold
    1999 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu LXi - Sold
    1997 Malibu LX - Sold
    1994 Mastercraft PS205 - Sold
    1985 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes - wish I still had

Quote Originally Posted by jwl019 View Post
    How much difference does the Flow 3.0 make? Going to check out a Makai tomorrow, there is a '18 Mojo Pro there too so maybe I need to try it too?
    I don't have a Pro so I can't really comment on the difference but it's my understanding that the extra tabs & actuators really clean up the face of the wave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I have also heard this, but with proper pitch and roll on the Makai, the wave is as clean as a baby’s butt.

Maybe the extra actuator allows this to be accomplished with less roll—which is the metric that aids in cleanliness. Makai needs 2-3 degrees for a clean regular wave and more like 4.5 degrees for goofy.

Swell 3.0 accomplishes with slightly less roll, which is what I would suspect Flow 3.0 also does.

Clean as a whistle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    the wave is as clean as a baby’s butt.

I have an 8 month old baby, her butt is smooth. Clean, not so much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Watch the wake 9 interview with goose. He talks about swell 3.0 and how the plate angle change and rolled edge clean up the wave and that it’s not as sensitive as 2.0.

Assuming again that swell 3.0 is same as Flow 3.0

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Watch the wake 9 interview with goose. He talks about swell 3.0 and how the plate angle change and rolled edge clean up the wave and that it’s not as sensitive as 2.0.

Assuming again that swell 3.0 is same as Flow 3.0

Not the same. Work somewhat similarly I suppose. But they’re different. Have you looked at an image of each?

I would imagine once Flow adopts some of the design elements of Swell 3.0 we could easily see the dual actuator stuff go away? A guess. I was hoping 19 might see this but no dice. 2.0 works just fine as long as you hit your running attitude parameters (thank you Autowake pitch and roll instruments). Regular has been way less sensitive than goofy.

With having 4 actuators back there, I just see double the cost to replace them later on. My power wedge on my VLX ran a little over $400 in parts. Unless they make a huge difference on how the wave actually surfs, not sure I would want just for wave looks.
    Jeremy

2018 Malibu 23 LSV
    2010 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu VLX - Sold
    1999 Malibu VLX - Sold
    2001 Malibu LXi - Sold
    1997 Malibu LX - Sold
    1994 Mastercraft PS205 - Sold
    1985 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes - wish I still had

Thanks Dakota4ce, swell 3.0 is significantly different and much simpler than flow 3.0.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Hey guys. Sorry about delay on this one also. Like I said in the other threads, I was out last week on fall break spending time with family.

As to flow 3.0, we are not one to really beat our chest a lot but we recently got a patent on the flow 3.0 system. For those that love reading patents, the patent number is 10,040,522. If you want you can read it and see how it differs from the other systems on the market. We are excited to receive this patent as well as all the other patents we have received the last few years and we have many more in the pending category and I think in a few years, people will perceive us quite a bit differently will all the IP we are working on.

For those not interested in reading the patent, the key difference with Flow 3 is the "Yaw" plate. The second plate actually creates "Yaw" which is a rotation of the boat similar to when you slightly turn the wheel. We actually have patents on "Yaw" control and again we are working on many different things and how all this works with AutoWake and the rest of our boat. Unfortunately, I can't really comment much more on the patents or any patents we are working on as those are trade secrets but again, in a few years from now, I think the landscape will look differently and we should have plenty of cool stuff coming for years to come.

For those that have used the Flow 3.0 system, I think you will notice it is a really nice system and works well. I know that doesn't answer all the questions, but hopefully it does explain a little more about Flow 3.0 and how it differs from the other systems.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Goose, obviously flow 3.0 is different than swell 3.0.

Why does moomba use flow and Supra use swell?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan