Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: New for 2019

Pulling that load with a 400 is impressive. I am sure the wave is killer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default New for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    This is for goose:

What does the 2018 boat do in this scenario? What if you had your ballast timer set super long? Would it just pump water overboard trying to fill a bag that is already full in order to satisfy a sensor?
    Not to pretend to be goose ...

The 2018 requires calibration pretty much every time we’re filling initially - even without the PNP. Have to admit that I maybe should have never adjusted the filling times as they were going when the water was coming out of each of the vent lines but I did. Since then bags are full ... system keeps pumping. If I turn off cuz it’s stupid to fill what’s full I need to calibrate. If I forget first thing after setting a profile is pumps pushing water from the lake thru some hoses back into the lake ...

What also bugs me is this ... if roll can’t be achieved by filling either side ... why isn’t the system first trying to achieve the desired result by draining one side and filling the other which would be faster and then attempting to fill to max again as surfing is a question of displacement as discussed earlier?

And last - for wake boarding (and yes some people still do that) - the front ballast is all what impacts pitch ... which sux because the wake plate could a better job and faster cuz steepness of wake pretty much goes in hand with pitch ... at least on the SL. Now having that said I don’t need the front ballast full for wake boarding because have no skills ... but during each set I start out at about 50% in front at it will start filling to 100% if the driver doesn’t adjust pitch or wake plate to keep pitch within the acceptable tolerance for autowake ...
    2018 Supra SL400
    2017 Malibu 23LSV
    2011 Epic 23V
    2007 Epic 23V

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    In case you didn't know, we made a running change mid 2018 and the current Max rear bags have fittings in case you want to add your own "mid ship" ballast.
    Was there a cut off date for this change? I took delivery June 16th. Would my dealer have details on what fittings, etc. are required? Or could you send?
    2018 Max
    1999 Launch

Quote Originally Posted by rpspa View Post
    Was there a cut off date for this change? I took delivery June 16th. Would my dealer have details on what fittings, etc. are required? Or could you send?
    Look at your bags

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    This is for goose:

Regarding full bag sensors. With the 2018 auto wake equipped boat the computer doesn’t really care how much ballast is in each bag, is this right? It will continue to pump in or pump out in the appropriate spots in order to satisfy its sensors I assume. In other words when a ballast bag that is on timers reaches “100%“ does auto wake stop trying to fill that bag?

Fast forward to 2019 and bags with sensors. I would think this offers an advantage from the standpoint that once the bag is ful—auto awake will stop trying to fill it; and if it’s sensors are not satisfied yet at that point, it will tell you to move people. Because no ballast is available to affect running attitude.

What does the 2018 boat do in this scenario? What if you had your ballast timer set super long? Would it just pump water overboard trying to fill a bag that is already full in order to satisfy a sensor?

On the 18 autowake will stop fill once it gets to 100% according to the timer set. If you set your timers long it will continue to pump water out the side until the time is reached. If one bag is full and the other drains to a certain point to where the set amplitude and roll can’t be reached it will ask you to move people.

I think of all the things that that are changing on the new supras, I hope they move to a 1.76 :1 or a 2:1 transmission . I think that is one upgrade that needs to happen, before walk throughs or fancy screens etc. All my boats that were on the short list had 2:1 , the Sl was the only one without. When we go wake boarding I do miss having it.
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

Quote Originally Posted by shockthis View Post
    I think of all the things that that are changing on the new supras, I hope they move to a 1.76 :1 or a 2:1 transmission . I think that is one upgrade that needs to happen, before walk throughs or fancy screens etc. All my boats that were on the short list had 2:1 , the Sl was the only one without. When we go wake boarding I do miss having it.
    Have not heard this is coming.....personally.

its not. only boat that has the 1.76 is the new makai.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    its not. only boat that has the 1.76 is the new makai.
    If I understood correctly the new Makai gets it only with the 450 not the 400. Correct?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Surf Wagon View Post
    If I understood correctly the new Makai gets it only with the 450 not the 400. Correct?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That's what Drew Tinker said on FB, 1.76 only on the 450 on the Makai.