Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Push close to the boat

What does it mean if my only push is really close to the boat?

I have 1140s in the back. Surf side full, non-surf at 80. Stock ballast in front full with a 1000# bow bag half full, and 750 under the surf side seat.

Manual tab in position 2.

1 driver, no passengers.

2015 moomba mojo

Moomba
    Mojo

How deep is your lake and what speed are you running?
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

25-30 ft.

Wave was washing after 11.2.

Tried to stay around that.

Moomba
    Mojo

If it’s washing out, it sounds like you may be rolling too far. Try filling the non surf to 100% since you have that extra 750 under the seats.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

I have the same boat running about the same weight. Fill both rears full, the center tank and factory bow bag is plenty, maybe a little extra to your surf side up front, and the 750 under your surf side seat. All extra weight to the surf side like coolers and your anchor. Use the bottom position on the tab running that much weight. Check your speed vs gps as well. I get the best wave around 10.7. I have had mine pretty dialed in for a couple years. Let me know if you need any more help.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I have the same boat running about the same weight. Fill both rears full, the center tank and factory bow bag is plenty, maybe a little extra to your surf side up front, and the 750 under your surf side seat. All extra weight to the surf side like coolers and your anchor. Use the bottom position on the tab running that much weight. Check your speed vs gps as well. I get the best wave around 10.7. I have had mine pretty dialed in for a couple years. Let me know if you need any more help.
    I was great with an extra person in the boat, but yesterday I couldn't get anything moving.

Moomba
    Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Would you fill the bow bag all the way up? 1000#

Moomba
    Mojo

I run at least an extra 700 pounds to my surf side with some in the front. When I sat bow bag, I am referring to your underseat bow bag, if you have one, it holds 700 pounds, your center hard tank is 500 pounds. If you add anymore up front, try to position it to your surf side. Your board also makes a difference, if you are too big for it, you'll need all the push you can get. Where is your trim plate? I run mine anywhere from all the way to 3/4. So play around with that as well.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Ah, Fordbrent1. I have helped you before. The formula for the wave has to stay the same no matter how many people are in the boat or it won't perform to your expectations. the formula is at least an extra 700 pounds to your surf side. So your 750 bag, minus driver weight isn't enough. that's why the extra person to the surf side helped a lot. If you don't have enough weight to your surf side, it will never be good. Fill both those rears all the way and use position 3 on the tab, list to the surf side, the push will be there.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

My bow bag is 1000, I fill it up with the bow filler cushion. Since the boat is listing a bit to the surf side the bag does have a tendency to roll that way as well.

In general, If the push is too close to the boat, does that just mean theres not enough weight to the surf side?

I'm trying to learn the general rules a bit, if those exist. Like if you want a steeper wave add weight to the front, etc.

We have a full boat today so I'm sure it'll be better.

Moomba
    Mojo