Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snap On Cover.

Default Snap On Cover.

Just wondering if anyone out there has experience with a snap on style cover. Wondering if it is good for trailering, where is a good place to find one and if it is a pretty easy install? I'm looking for this style because quite often I leave my boat in a slip without a lift, and my mooring cover is very hard to put on there as well as part of it is actually in the water.
    2004 Mobius LS

Don’t do it!!!!

It’s the worst thing even for a wakeboard boat and ruins the gel coat with spider cracks from the holes and leaches rust stains, even with stainless screws etc.

Plus no one needs a new torn butthole sliding over a snap.

The previous owner of my buddy’s boat did a snap on cover on his XLV, and we all curse him ever time we use the boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I have one and I don't mind it. Easy to run just the bow cover in colder weather, also the morning cover sucks to put on in the water / on a lift. If it would have been added after factory I don't know if I would have done it. I'm 50/50 on it.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Yep. I agree. I have the factory snap on and wish it didn’t. Top deck sits in the sun and oxidizes very quickly. It is fine for trailering but the sun just bakes the top. Won’t get a boat with it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder522 View Post
    Yep. I agree. I have the factory snap on and wish it didn’t. Top deck sits in the sun and oxidizes very quickly. It is fine for trailering but the sun just bakes the top. Won’t get a boat with it again.

Best investment for me, depends on how often you use the boat. I trailer with it and the time savings is killer for me. We boat a lot and leave it in a slip. We're in the slip and cover on in minutes..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Don’t do it!!!!

It’s the worst thing even for a wakeboard boat and ruins the gel coat with spider cracks from the holes and leaches rust stains, even with stainless screws etc.

The previous owner of my buddy’s boat did a snap on cover on his XLV, and we all curse him ever time we use the boat.

I’m that buddy and I agree, don’t do it!

Jason - 2008 Mobius XLV
    Wakemakers wave control surf system
    Gravity 3 ballast system
    1180 center bag
    2 rear 1100 bags
    Perfect pass gps
    Stazigate 2.0

I have had one on every boat i have had including my LSV and i love them! Especially if you are towing. They stay on nice and tight and don't rub on the boat like the storage covers. I have never had anyone get caught on a snap, never had one ounce of rust, and never any spiderwebbing of the gel coat. I wouldn't use one for long term outdoor storage but for towing they are the best.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Had snap on cover on my Mojo and hated every minute of it. Snaps on the very nose of the bow never stay snapped while trailering, not nearly as clean looking to see all those snaps all the way around the boat, like stated above snag your ....hole, stomach and anything else that sits and slides off the sides. Mooring cover with the ratchet straps in the back is the only way to go.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Don’t do it!!!!

Sounds like someone used cheap snaps and a bad install, they don't rust and you have to use the right size drill and counter sink to prevent cracking. However they do leave dirt trails on the hull.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by twisters6 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone out there has experience with a snap on style cover. Wondering if it is good for trailering, where is a good place to find one and if it is a pretty easy install? I'm looking for this style because quite often I leave my boat in a slip without a lift, and my mooring cover is very hard to put on there as well as part of it is actually in the water.
    Perfect reason for a snap on cover. You need to have one for the bow anyway for weather and the cockpit cover is much much easier to install on the water than a full cover. I had both a better version of the Evolution cover and the snap on and both trailered well. The snap on cover was tight so there was never any sag. Only way to get one is to get your local boat cover maker to make one for you.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD