Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes. Love my Moomba... but even with a “budget” wakeboat this should not be considered acceptable. It is what it is though, just don’t want it getting worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Save your old skins to use for patterns to make new ones. Buy plenty of material and replace them as needed. Pick a quality replacement material and have each skin made locally. Do all the disassembly and reassembly yourself.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Save your old skins to use for patterns to make new ones. Buy plenty of material and replace them as needed. Pick a quality replacement material and have each skin made locally. Do all the disassembly and reassembly yourself.
    X2. If the sun and weather doesn't get them, the suntan lotion and pokie things will. Most years never had a problem. I'm not a fan of vinyl cracks, stains and patches. Note the details on the vinyl so years down the road you can continue replacing with the same stuff.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

When I ordered my boat, I ordered a few extra yards of each material. I was not expecting to see cracking as bad as I have in this thread, but I would assume most boats will have this issue in high traffic areas. I figured this new vinyl would be impossible to match in the future based on my experience with other boats. Plus even if you can get it the dye lot could be way off. I am really surprised because my extra vinyl seemed to be good quality, but I far from a vinyl expert. I only use the recommended 303 products, keep my boat inside a barn, and never put it away wet (or at least cover it wet). I really hope I don’t have these problems because my OCD will have me recovering the entire boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold