Default 2009 XLV Surf Help

My apologies to Trayson, 5:00, JMVotto, et al as I’ve seen some of your surf setups a while back in various posts but couldn’t find them while searching just now.

I’ve had the boat since last March but am finally heading out with a friend to dial in the surf wave tomorrow and get towed behind my own boat for the first time. I’ve only surfed one afternoon before but am going to make up for lost time this week.

Please repost your setups here if you don’t mind and I’m sure you’ll save me hours in experimentation.

Thanks in advance and sorry for not being able to find them again.

Cheers
    Ross
    2009 XLV
    900s in rear, 1180 in playpen
    Mission Delta Gate
    Doomswell Drone
    Any and All Input Appreciated

I ran 900 rear. With 120 in lead under each bag

1180 in the belly , 520 up from in a make shift IBS

Ghetto gate , wp 70 to 80% up andabout 11.2 mph
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thank you very much! I hope all is well and thanks also for your help when I was looking to buy.
    2009 XLV
    Mission Delta Gate
    Doomswell Drone

Post up some pics
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

We surf regular.

• 1100 full rear port
    • 1100 +/- 60% full rear starboard
    • 1180 Gravity games bag full
    • 400 Bag under the port seats full
    • Suck gate about where the cleat is.
    • Wake plate 1/4 of the way down
    • 10 to 10.5mph
    • Surf Platform
    • Sometimes we add in about 250lbs with a bag under the port bow seat.
    • 3 batteries on the port side

It's what I run. The wave is tall and clean. Reasonably long. It doesn't really have a super crisp lip at the top as the water kinda rolls over the top of the wave to the dark side. But big/powerful/clean is fun.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Thanks Trayson.

There’s no replacement for the displacement you’ve got but I’ll work with what I have today.

When you say the wakeplate is 1/4 down I assume you’re saying 1/4 down from as high as it goes, not from the halfway mark. Also, how submerged is the suckgate when you’re loaded down at idle?
    2009 XLV
    Mission Delta Gate
    Doomswell Drone

Quote Originally Posted by Rmajewski View Post
    Thanks Trayson.

There’s no replacement for the displacement you’ve got but I’ll work with what I have today.

When you say the wakeplate is 1/4 down I assume you’re saying 1/4 down from as high as it goes, not from the halfway mark. Also, how submerged is the suckgate when you’re loaded down at idle?
    Correct on the wakeplate.

About halfway underwater at rest. Sometimes even with water at rest. You can play with it some. I can't say with any certainty that I've got my suck gate completely dialed, but it's always been better with it than without it, so I just kinda go with it. At some point I might try to change up the size of the face of it maybe and see if that changes things. really we just stick it on and ride and don't stress too much about achieving perfection. Although based on what JMVOTTO wrote, I might start playing with speed more...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com