Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Boating Etiquette

Just wondering how you guys treat other boaters on the lake. I'm on a large lake with plenty of room for boaters. When I'm just riding around or pulling a tube, I try to stay away from boats that are pulling skiers or surfers, etc. I also try to go behind the boat that's pulling instead of crossing their path from the front. I just got really irritated last weekend because a couple of boats flew right across our front and had plenty of room to go around us. Of course our surfer fell because of the wakes just created. Maybe I'm wrong here, but seems like alot of boaters don't have any courtesy at all.
    2015 Mojo Surf

I feel this is more a case of people simply not educating themselves on boater safety. How to maneuver around other boats is part of the USCG rules for watercraft. I wasn’t required to but I still took it upon myself to complete a USCG and State certified boaters safety course online. Didn’t cost much and was extremely informative.
    It amazes me that licenses are not required for operating watercraft!!
    I also get angered by people who don’t do things properly but at least I know enough to avoid incidents with those folks!
    Be prepared and be safe because not everyone else is a conscientious as you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Craz

There are too many people on lakes who don't know what they are doing and you will see them this holiday season especially. There are a lot of people who will be piloting someone else's boat and renters. PWC's are something that gets loaned to a friend who knows nothing of the rules at all.
    Before I got my boaters license I at least looked at the rules. My rule for myself was stay as far away from others as possible. I have had my license for years and that rule still applies.

The other people are those who have licenses but don't understand the dynamics of surfing or boarding and don't know that the water needs to stay clean. Then there are the fishermen who figure they own the lake and FU for being out here so I am going to cut across your bow for being on my lake. Not all are like that and they are the exception but they are out there.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Lots of idiots out there doing whatever suits them, it’s selfish yes, but I take the high road and simply get away from them.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I predict no less than 4 pages of responses to this discussion...
    2016 Craz

All begging for some way to make regular people exercise common sense which never ever will happen.

Most people don't have a clue if they don't have boards on their boat. Most people will understand if you kindly let them know. If they persist, then make you presence uncomfortable for them done legally like making standing waves or cruise around them and your super obnoxious music and carry ear plugs.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I think what can’t be over looked are the morons who decide they want to buy a wake boat one day just because “surfing looks fun”. These are the people out there doing power turns to pick up their dropped skier and screwing up the water for the rest of us who understand you need to pull back to idol and let the roller go past, then turn 180 and get your skier. It kills me when I see a brand new $100k boat with no boards on it and a huge ass tube strapped behind. Those are the dipsh*ts who have now driven up the cost of our wake boats to be completely unreasonable.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    I think what can’t be over looked are the morons who decide they want to buy a wake boat one day just because “surfing looks fun”. These are the people out there doing power turns to pick up their dropped skier and screwing up the water for the rest of us who understand you need to pull back to idol and let the roller go past, then turn 180 and get your skier. It kills me when I see a brand new $100k boat with no boards on it and a huge ass tube strapped behind. Those are the dipsh*ts who have now driven up the cost of our wake boats to be completely unreasonable.

🤣🤣🤣

Just screamed at a guy last evening. Didn’t yield at all to us while we were pulling a surfer. We had to shut down to avoid him.

Normally I don’t say much except for when it’s dangerous.