Default Buying a 2006 Moomba LSV today (What do I need to look for?)

We are buying a 2006 Moomba LSV with 580 hrs on it (1 owner). Can you give me some things to inspect to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekwit View Post
    We are buying a 2006 Moomba LSV with 580 hrs on it (1 owner). Can you give me some things to inspect to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks.
    That’s quite a few hours, so I would DEFINITELY take it for a sea trial. Make sure it can get up on plane without any hesitation, bogging or other abnormalities. Look for gel cracks. Scrapes on the keel, prop damage. Listen for any loud whining from the transmission. Check the gauges all work as does the wakeplate. Test out that the ballast can fill and empty properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

How much are they asking?
    2015 Mojo Surf

Quote Originally Posted by Derekwit View Post

Thanks.
    Have them take it to the dealer and ask for a water test and inspection. Should be around $150. They'll check over everything.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

580 hours is not bad for an '06 as long as it was maintained properly. I have a little over 600 on my '05. If you are not familiar with inboard boats I agree take it to a dealer for inspection.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

there will obviously be some wear and tear for a boat that is 13 yrs old but look over the interior and check for tears in the vinyl and carpet. redoing the interior can be expensive. 580 hrs in my opinion is not a ton of hrs if it has been well taken care of (regular oil changes, plugs, etc). Definitely want to take it to the lake and run it around first. Like Stazi said, make sure all the gauges work, wake plate, ballast, etc.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Check for water trapped under the center ski locker (open ski locker, remove ballast bag and push on floor, you'll be able to hear if water is underneath it; some folks say this isn't a big deal, others say it is; I cut holes in mine to drain the water and dry out the foam); pull floor over gas tank and see if there's any water under gas tank; check bilge for any oily water (possible oil/transmission leaks); ask when the last 100 hour service was done; get copies of maintenance history; if you can't get a dealer to look at it, at least talk to the dealer that took care of boat; gauges, radio, boat cover
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100's each rear
    570 ski locker
    750 IBS
    Plus bags 625 and lead 650
    Reversible pumps-3
    ACME 2937 prop
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Swell shaper