Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wet Sounds Tower Speakers for Supra 21V

I have a 2011 Supra 21V that currently has the old Wet Sounds "Double "Up" tower speakers. I am planning to replace them, and trying to decide between 2 pairs of Wet Sounds REV 10's or the 3-Some with the single pair of REV 10's and the REV 410. I've read that the REV 410 has a better overall sound so it seems like the 3-some makes more sense from a sound perspective, but I am concerned that the REV 410 might just be too big for my boat.

Is there anyone who has the Wet Sounds 3 Some installed on a boat my size that can tell me how it looks and how you like it? Does it hang down so low that everyone constantly hits their heads? Also, did you use the fixed or swivel clamps to install?

I appreciate any feedback others can offer!

I’ve done 2 410’s on an older 21v. If you can fit them, they’re worth it. More mid bass without the tweeter running though the cones.
    I had 2 on my older ‘06 24SSV. I had to mount them on the top of the tower cus we’re all y’all lol. I didn’t wanna crack my head all the time.

Mine is on the left, my buddies boat on the right. Ignore the idiots at the bottom. Only picture I had of the back of our boats at the jam last year.
    The 410 can only use a fixed clamp.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Thank you for the reply - especially the picture! It helps to see the speakers installed, but definitely makes me nervous about the head room. Does anyone else have any experience with the 410 one way or the other?

Unless you spread the 4 rev-10 WAY out, head room with a 410 in the center is not much different. From a sound quality standpoint, The 3-some is warmer sounding then 4 rev-10. For pure peak volume, 4 rev-10 win. For the ultimate sound quality and still have wake range projection, a pair of rev-410.

I prefer the swivel clamps for the rev-410 if the bar has any arch to it. Just make it easier to mount the clamps and get a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    I’ve done 2 410’s on an older 21v. If you can fit them, they’re worth it. More mid bass without the tweeter running though the cones.
    I had 2 on my older ‘06 24SSV. I had to mount them on the top of the tower cus we’re all y’all lol. I didn’t wanna crack my head all the time.

Mine is on the left, my buddies boat on the right. Ignore the idiots at the bottom. Only picture I had of the back of our boats at the jam last year.
    The 410 can only use a fixed clamp.
    Can’t help but laugh when I noticed that pic. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

The jam was a good time last year. Lol Linz got pretty chocolate wasted. She doesn’t remember all the fun getting the boats back on the trailers. Justin’s boat wouldn’t start. Mine, well I think we all remember my issues. Lol
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

OP, you got a picture of the tower on your boat? Dunno how different it is to the older versions. If you’re dropping the $$ on wetsounds, no reason not to run the 410’s, or at least a 3some. The Rev10’s and 410 are roughly the same price.
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

I can't believe what hard time I've had finding a picture with the tower in it. Apparently we only take picture facing out the back of the boat! Here is my tower setup. DSCN4762 - Copy.jpg

Oh man that thing is begging for a pair of 410’s on the top of the tower! Lol
    You’d have headroom for days... don’t think they’d mount well underneath, your tower has those ‘grab handles’ in the corners. It might work though.
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Oh man that thing is begging for a pair of 410’s on the top of the tower! Lol
    You’d have headroom for days... don’t think they’d mount well underneath, your tower has those ‘grab handles’ in the corners. It might work though.
    I just realized that that boat in the far right of the picture you posted has the same tower as mine and looks to have the 3 Some installed. Have you been on that boat and seen how much headroom is left with the speakers below the tower?