Default maybe i should have stayed with moomba / supra :(

So I bought a 2017 Axis T23...and now it's in the shop.
    I've owned skiers choice since 2012 and I never had a boat go to a shop...
    it's Fresh water cooled and boat runs hot at high RPMs. I haven't fried it. it creeps up to 200F and I put it in neutral and it cools right back to 160F in two minutes....I live far from the dealers so I tried to resolve this by throwing parts at it....what a waste....
    tore down the cooling system - no blockage found - tested and still overheated
    replaced impeller - old one wasn't damaged - tested and still overheated
    replaced thermostat - tested and still overheated
    tore down more of the cooling system - oil cooler, lower thermostat housing on 6.0L block - tested and still overheated
    it runs like a dream on the hose in my driveway.
    it's all under warranty but I was sure this could be resolved myself.....I have now dropped it off at the dealer and they need to get this right or drive a forklift through the side of it and put me out of my misery
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I think any boat will have problems, could have been built on a Friday before a long weekend, who knows?

My buddy has a MC that was running hot/overheating. In actuality it was not over heating at all, just the temp sending unit was bad. He replaced sending unit and temp sensor and seemed to fix the problem.

Run fins on the driveway with zero load, can the engine handle the boat when under load?
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

yeah - I am expecting it's something small...and the cooling system on these boats might seem complex because of the number of hoses but it's not that complicated....It's got plenty of power for the boat....just the overtemp issue.
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

Sorry about the setback. Hopefully soon you'll be back on the water. Lots of rain here in Virginia the past two months. Maybe it and the cooling issue will soon be behind us and you can enjoy rest of the season.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles