Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    If you look at that study comparing Mastercraft Surf tab system to Malibu’s gate system, the surf tabs outperformed the gate system on almost every category.

https://utahwatersports.com/wp-conte...f_Study_06.pdf

I truly believe the Surf Tab systems provide more push and adjustability over the gate system. My buddy at our lake has a 2016 Axis with Gate and his wave is no where close to the wave my old 08 LSV throws with the wakeland mfg surf tab system. He has added more weight to the bow and rear and still can’t throw a decent wave. In addition, the SurfGate system is either deployed or not. There is no adjustability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That’s a very interesting report! Man the A22 has almost 12° of pitch surfing!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Also look at all of the youtube videos on wake9. They are running the tab system on SC boat and their wave is huge as well.
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Default Craz surf setup tips

I think like others have mentioned on the forum; none of the “surf” boats come ready and optimized for a perfect wake. Whether it’s a G series nautique, mastercraft or top of the line Malibu. The stock ballast is not going to cut it. It all comes back to displacement and consistently weighting the boat appropriately; which skiers choice to my knowledge is the only company to have introduced a system to attain consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    That’s a very interesting report! Man the A22 has almost 12° of pitch surfing!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    From personal experience, the report actually makes sense. All the way from the steering, gas consumption, and yes, even push. Nice to see some actual science behind it all.

I'm new to the forum and bought my 1st surf boat in the Spring of 2018 (2018 Moomba Craz), and love it! This is my 6th boat; and I truly believe for the money you will not find a better boat in quality & build, and I have friends with Malibus, Mastercraft, and Nautiques for reference. I pretty much agree with Stazi & Snowslydder assessments, as does my Moomba dealer. I have a stock boat with 200 pounds of lead ballast under the FatSacs in each rear locker, and 100 pounds under the FatSac in the bow full time, for a total of 3500 pounds of ballast (usually have 6-8 people in the boat too). The surf instructors at me dealer said not to use the auto wake mode while surfing, they told me to fill up all the bags except maybe the non-surf side (90%), and run the wakeplate full Up (not deployed) at a speed of 10.8-11.5 or so, and surf tabs in the 50-60% range depending on regular or goofy (60 for goofy side surfing). This all works great for our family; I'm 6' 4" and weigh 210 lbs, and have no problem surfing 10' or so off the swim deck. My girls are in the 110 lb range, and I would say they can go back 15-20'. The wave is pretty steep and thus has great push, but I can also ease back carefully so I can build more speed when trying tricks. This is just the new guy observation, and I appreciate all of the advice on this forum thus far. Just wanted to talk the fella out of giving up on his Moomba too early, don't sell it!!

Perfect!

I do pretty much the exact same thing but I run everything at 100% full ballast.

My crew is typically 3 adults and maybe 2x 11 year old boys so we also throw a 400lb bag on the floor right up against the back walls and sometime one more on the surf side seat.

It always better to add more weight than take it out.

I find I only really use Autowake for Wakeboarding. If I have a big crew of 8+ adults, then I’d turn on Autowake for surfing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Snowslydder View Post
    It took me a while to dial the wave in but, I added enzos and lead and my wake is huge. Watched a guy with an axis but the wake was really short. On lake Whatcom there is a guy with a Malibu that complemented the Moomba wake after seeing the rollers I was throwing across the lake.
    Where is your lead in the boat when surfing reg foot?
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8