Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Max surf settings

Curious what others are doing for surfing setup on their Max. I’ve added 1100’s under each bench (I had them lying around) they hold about 800-900. 750 in the bow, and 600 lead spread out. Running 100 on surf side, 70 on opposite and 85 front. Wake plate at 30, surf plate at 60. Goofy side is same except plate is 70.
    2014 Moomba LSV
    2018 Moomba Max

Default Max surf settings

I am running 1280s in the lockers, 550 under the side seats, 500 IBS plus’s some lead evenly distributed.

I run at 100% all around. Wake plate at 0, and surf tabs at 45.

Sometimes I’ll drain 3-4% from the non surf side.

Usually run around 11-12mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    I am running 1280s in the lockers, 550 under the side seats, 500 IBS plus’s some lead evenly distributed.

I run at 100% all around. Wake plate at 0, and surf tabs at 45.

Sometimes I’ll drain 3-4% from the non surf side.

Usually run around 11-12mph.

What pitch and roll settings do you use?
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowslydder View Post
    What pitch and roll settings do you use?
    When Inuse Autowake it is set at 7.5 pitch and (-)4.5 roll.

How did y’all plumb the middle seats? Mine currently are empty besides some
    Bumpers. When adding lead I saw what looked like a port (don’t know what to call it) on the front of the rear bags. Not sure if I could somehow piggyback from those. Was hoping that wakemakers was going to have some custom max bags by now.

Currently I’m stock with 700 lead (250 in each tear and 200 in the nose) and it’s surfable.....but when I have 500 pounds of people weight on top of that then I can surf with my kid on the board (240lbs total) 12 feet back. So basically I want to have that extra weight in water when I don’t have two additional adults with me on the boat.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    How did y’all plumb the middle seats? Mine currently are empty besides some
    Bumpers. When adding lead I saw what looked like a port (don’t know what to call it) on the front of the rear bags. Not sure if I could somehow piggyback from those. Was hoping that wakemakers was going to have some custom max bags by now.

Currently I’m stock with 700 lead (250 in each tear and 200 in the nose) and it’s surfable.....but when I have 500 pounds of people weight on top of that then I can surf with my kid on the board (240lbs total) 12 feet back. So basically I want to have that extra weight in water when I don’t have two additional adults with me on the boat.
    You are half way there if the rear bag has a front port. I drilled through the bulkhead and connected a line between the rear bags and the bags under the seat.

I have an early Max that did not have front ports and had to order different bags from WMs. Can you post a pic of the factory rear bag fittings?

Do the underseat bags drain pretty well?
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

I don’t have a pic but I took a look at the stock rear bags on my max (May 9th 2018 spray date) a few days ago and it has two ports at the bottom front of the bag. At a glance they appear to be identical size and placement as the rear ports.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

As far as setup I’ve been running stock full plus 400lbs under each side in front of the factory rears (manually filling with a tsunami pump) and 400lbs of lead in the bow. I still feel like it needs more weight as I haven’t been impressed with the push. Hoping to dial in what I have better on Sunday. I’ve given autowake a solid chance, time to go old school and play with manual adjustments of the tabs and passenger weight.
    2018 Murder Max

I’m also going to check all the stock bags to be sure there isn’t any air trapped in them.
    2018 Murder Max