Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trailering/seat cushions

Hello, new to Moomba boats and loving it so far. My question is the dealer had told me to remove the front seat cushions before trailering. Is anyone else doing this or just leaving them in. We have about 45 miles to the lake and would like to just leave the front bow cushions in and not have to take the stuff out that is stored in them.

Also attached some pics of the new ride along with the old one. Thanks again

IMG_1297.jpgIMG_1295.jpgIMG_1298.jpgIMG_1299.jpgIMG_1300.jpg

I leave my stuff in all the time. I do sometimes take and store the bow filler cushion if it's a long trip.

I've never had a problem. Nice setup in the garage and beautiful boat!

Moomba
    Mojo

1st of all.... NIIIICE boat.
    2nd, I remove my bow filler cushion only. I have towed w/it in place a time or two, but all it takes is one time to not only lose it, but potentially hurt another driver or family. It fits nicely under the helm where it's out of the potential wind and literally takes seconds. As for the other cushions, i leave them in place and have never had any issues whatsoever. they're a little more secure. (I really wish Moomba would put hinges on their seats).
    2016 Craz

Some folks have had seat cushions fly out while trailering but in general they are usually from the cabin and not the bow. I have a similar drive to the lake and have not lost any cushions. I try to keep it at 75mph or less and always have the windshield walk-through closed.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Thanks for the replies, I was going to try and leave them in this weekend but now will for sure. I don't have the center cushion yet.. still on order. but will remove that one.

On my XLV I loop a bungee cord around the front grab handle and hook it onto the flip up seat hinge. I do this on each side in the front, and that secures the two side pieces and the long center one. The small front one I put under the observer seat. The little one next to the cooler cut out I also put under the observer seat. I have had that one end up on the floor after trailering on the highway.
    2006 XLV

I just towed ours 4 hours to and from the lake and had no issues with seat cushions. However, I did notice the bow filler cushion was raised up on my 50 min. Drive from the dealer the day I brought it home. Ever since then I have removed that one. Just make sure they are all seated properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Some folks have had seat cushions fly out while trailering but in general they are usually from the cabin and not the bow. I have a similar drive to the lake and have not lost any cushions. I try to keep it at 75mph or less and always have the windshield walk-through closed.
    Speed demon! I won’t do a lick over 70 towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Moombadaze (and others) used to put that velcro tape underneath. Holds 'em down and you also get to hear that cool RIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPP when you take them out each time.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I used to take 2 cabin cushions out my '10 LSV and place in the back locker. Don't now with my current ride. I do keep the speed at 70 while towing.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold