Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    On top of all that once I got my boat back it appears the water impeller housing is now also failing. Completely wasted vacation.
    Damn, can't catch a break. Did you get stranded out on the water again?
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Damn. You need to get that boat exorcised!
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Damn, can't catch a break. Did you get stranded out on the water again?
    No, we launched it immediately after getting it back from the dealer and my wife heard a ticking sound from the engine so right back on the trailer and back to the dealer it went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Sounds like the dealer you used for the repair doesn't like working on warranty work on boats purchased elsewhere. SC needs to ensure the dealers are reimbursed adequately on warranty work otherwise dealers will reject based on the reimbursement rather than if it is actually a valid issue.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Sometimes boats are the best and the worst. I'm sure your local shop will help shed some positive light for you. Could the failed impeller housing tick the other issue?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Sounds like the dealer you used for the repair doesn't like working on warranty work on boats purchased elsewhere. SC needs to ensure the dealers are reimbursed adequately on warranty work otherwise dealers will reject based on the reimbursement rather than if it is actually a valid issue.
    I’m not going to fault the dealer. They provided me with a bulletin from Indmar stating that failed starters due to corrosion were not going to be covered under warranty and that it is the boat owners responsibility to maintain a dry bilge. This is completely on indmar and then not understanding boats and standing behind their product.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Starter Warranty Denied

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Sometimes boats are the best and the worst. I'm sure your local shop will help shed some positive light for you. Could the failed impeller housing tick the other issue?
    It never ticked until we got it back from the shop for the starter issue.

The most frustrating part of all of this is we are on a vacation that’s I’ve been looking forward to and planning for months and we got to use the boat for only 1/2 of the first day. That’s it. What a waste.

David

Hmmmm. I don't want to belabor this issue but starters have never been problematic issue in the past and expectations to keep a bilge dry is inconsistent with the environment to which a boat is in. Shame on Indmar if this is for all their applications as their engines are used on many different platforms and conditions. If you were to put a humidistat in the bilge and read it continuously with a dry bilge you still read high numbers. Submersion is another issue. One has to question the adequacy of the stock starters. My .02.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    It never ticked until we got it back from the shop for the starter issue.

The most frustrating part of all of this is we are on a vacation that’s I’ve been looking forward to and planning for months and we got to use the boat for only 1/2 of the first day. That’s it. What a waste.
    Being on vacation amps the issue up by 10! Most have been in your shoes and it SUCKS.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Well I just got the boat backed and we put it in the water mainly to keep the rain off of it by covered slip and it never made the ticking noise. Figure we will run it tomorrow and see how it goes, just stay close to the condo.

David