Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dripless seal replacement

My 12 mojo is steady trickling water from the dripless shaft seal. What’s the job like to fix? under 300 hours on the boat. Seems quick to go bad. Is there a way it could just need cleaned? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Where is the cooling line coming from? Is the motor aligned to the shaft? do you have a bent shaft? There is a seal kit you can buy, remove the shaft v drive coupler , loosen the dripless clamp so you can remove the seal holder , replace seal in seal holder, slide back on lubricated shaft using tool or taping and threads on shaft reassemble.

http://skidim.blogspot.com/2008/10/o...tallation.html
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Give Tim a call at Glide Bearings. He's a super nice guy that will answer all your questions. Or, you can e-mail him at:

[email protected]

My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hey Pat, are they the originators of the oj dripless? Or a spin off? Or other?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Thanks. I just ordered a new dripless seal from my dealer. Hoping to swap it on my lift once it comes in.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post
    My 12 mojo is steady trickling water from the dripless shaft seal. What’s the job like to fix? under 300 hours on the boat. Seems quick to go bad. Is there a way it could just need cleaned? Thanks.

I did this on my 13 mojo 2 weeks ago. Hardest part was getting the shaft coupler off. I strongly recommend purchasing a puller given its location. $100 well spent from this guy:

https://www.skiboatpartsonline.com/index.php

I called the owner Ron Tanis in a panic to make sure he could ship ASAP so I’d have it the following weekend. Good dude, walked me through the process. He’s got several good YouTube videos on coupler removal as well as RE-aligning the engine afterwords.

I had to raise the motor substantially to get the coupler to line up with the bolt pattern of my V-drive.
    2013 Mojo

Thanks for that. My buddy just did his wakesetter and has the tool. He modified his to fit so hopefully it goes smooth.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post
    Thanks for that. My buddy just did his wakesetter and has the tool. He modified his to fit so hopefully it goes smooth.

You bet. May go without saying if you and your buddy are more mechanically inclined than myself but I had to raise the back of my motor a bit before going through the process of aligning with the v-drive in order to center my prop shaft in the shaft log. Only way to do this is to check the shaft clearance before installing the seal kit.

Good luck, this was a full day job for me but sure beat waiting on a dealer at the onset of the summer season.
    2013 Mojo

Seal on my Mojo is pouring water. I pulled the dripless seal off. The rubber inside the brass is worn causing the water to come out. My question, in all the images I have seen, there is always a collar that secures to the shaft, and that collar rests against the brass on the seal. Mine is just the brass piece with a barb fitting on it. Am I missing something?

Also, is there a bushing or anything inside the shaft log?

Quote Originally Posted by gcnettl View Post
    Seal on my Mojo is pouring water. I pulled the dripless seal off. The rubber inside the brass is worn causing the water to come out. My question, in all the images I have seen, there is always a collar that secures to the shaft, and that collar rests against the brass on the seal. Mine is just the brass piece with a barb fitting on it. Am I missing something?

Also, is there a bushing or anything inside the shaft log?
    There’s nothing inside the shaft log. The lip seal inside the brass collar is what seals the water out and the barb provides water to the seal to keep it cool.
    2013 Mojo