Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I couldn’t find any replacement parts for my seal. I purchased a GLIDE dripless seal from skidim, replaced the motor mount bushings, aligned the motor to the shaft, all is well. I suggest alignment be a yearly aintenance item and replace the bushings every other year or something.

This is what I got from Moomba. Came with no instructions. My guess is the white plastic piece goes where it is pictured the pulls off after? The the aluminum sleeve in the back goes over shaft to protect seal when installing then pulled off after to finish install of coupler? Just want to make sure I have it right before tearing into it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

That looks like the OE seal that I had.

The GLIDE seal had a plastic shaft like your aluminum one. It was installed in the seal, and when you installed the seal onto the boat shaft, the boat shaft pushed the plastic/aluminum shafT out. It was not a protective sleeve that installed over the shaft.

I can’t read all of what the writing is on the white piece. But I think it’s just for protection during shipping and handling. I sprayed silicone lubricant on my seal when installed so it slid easy. I would remove the white plastic. Install the aluminum piece into the seal, inserting the taper side first from the bottom of the seal. Then install the seal onto the prop shaft, and the prop shaft will push the aluminum tool out as you slide it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post

This is what I got from Moomba. Came with no instructions. My guess is the white plastic piece goes where it is pictured the pulls off after? The the aluminum sleeve in the back goes over shaft to protect seal when installing then pulled off after to finish install of coupler? Just want to make sure I have it right before tearing into it. Thanks.

Correct on the alum sleeve, just a protector for your tapered threads. My instructions called for tape over the threads of the kit was purchased without the sleeve. Not 100% on the white thing but I would assume it’s just a protector for your lip seals.
    2013 Mojo

Here’s a comparison to the glide for everyone’s reference:

2013 Mojo

I’ll post some pics later this eve when I get to the boat. Pulled the coupler bolts and have the seal loose. As said above the puller was to big to fit. Took some measurement and had my buddy make one at his shop to fit under the tranny.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Well that didn’t work. Tool still a hair to big. Once I get the boat back to the house I’ll get some pics on here. Need the full line of tools and the boat in the trailer instead of lift to get it done

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Well that didn’t work. Tool still a hair to big. Once I get the boat back to the house I’ll get some pics on here. Need the full line of tools and the boat in the trailer instead of lift to get it done

Is it a clearance issue with the Transmission or with the hull? I had to crank my motor mount up quite a bit to get the clearance I needed.

2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    Is it a clearance issue with the Transmission or with the hull? I had to crank my motor mount up quite a bit to get the clearance I needed.

With the trans. I didn’t want to go into it that far since the boat is on the lift at the lake. I think if I make the tool a little smaller I can do it with out lift motor. But the dealer I take my boat to to winterize said $200 bucks to do it so I may just do that and not mess with it. I was sore the next day being hunched over the trans. If there was room and I had all of my tools it may have been a different story.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

With the trans. I didn’t want to go into it that far since the boat is on the lift at the lake. I think if I make the tool a little smaller I can do it with out lift motor. But the dealer I take my boat to to winterize said $200 bucks to do it so I may just do that and not mess with it. I was sore the next day being hunched over the trans. If there was room and I had all of my tools it may have been a different story.

Man, unless you really enjoy that chit, at $200 I’d have the dealer do it. ONLY reason I attempted it was I didn’t want to wait for the dealer to get to it. I have $100 into the tool itself (pic) plus buying all the other crap I didn’t have (large wrenches and sockets).

2013 Mojo