Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

UPDATE:

Checked Engine, and Trans fluid= All good no issues!!

Hit battery switch, put Bilge on Manual. No Work. Removed Bilge from housing. Started working. Dont know what this issue is? Stuck?

Turned the ballast pumps on, they work too. I cant figure out why they were not.

I did not start the engine, but Idling back to the trailer it ran smooth. I left the covers open and today was hot so hopefully any moisture evaporated, but still need to wet test engine.

The Prop: When I bought the 1617 I thought it was going to turn my Raptor 400 into a Cummins. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN
    When heavily waited (Bilge full of water. It was no better than that 537 infact worse and wouldn't go over 3000 RPM. That has to be a huge load on the engine.

Another HUGE disappointment is the 910 ballast upgrade. its complete shit. With the delta, I couldn't get a surf able wake. On Top of that is the prop that sucks power out of the boat. I was going to sell this boat due to lake of surfablilty, but figured I would gamble $1000 to see if it would work. Having said that, I'm going to get with the Neighbor and see if we can tune it to more. But initial results SUCK.
    Notes: I did have full ballast and 10 people on the boat. Perhaps it was just too much weight? As we shifted people forward it improved, but was still white wash and dipping the nose when coming of power.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Sounds like testing the wiring is in order. You may have a bad ground or a broken lead.

Does the bilge pump work with 12v applied to the housing leads? Is there 12v from the boat wires at the bilge pump location?

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

Default I HATE FATHER'S DAY- Need Help😞

Not sure why you would run either the 1617 or the 537 for heavily weighted conditions. You need to look at something along the lines of a 15x13 or 15x12 prop.

My buddy has an older LSV with a 325hp Indmar chev and with over 4500lbs of ballast and a wake shaper it is amazing! No magic sorcery involved.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Not sure why you would run either the 1617 or the 537 for heavily weighted conditions. You need to look at something along the lines of a 15x13 or 15x12 prop.

My buddy has an older LSV with a 325hp Indmar chev and with over 4500lbs of ballast and a wake shaper it is amazing! No magic sorcery involved.
    Yeah, I thought it was the prop to go with. I think I need to put the 537 back on, and get a new prop.

So... Which prop should I get now??? What is the difference between the 5X13, 5X12 and 1847. There is also a 2315. I will go broke attempting to try them all.

PS. Boat back in the water late last night. Seem to run fine. I guess all is well. I will try to test again tonight.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was the prop to go with. I think I need to put the 537 back on, and get a new prop.

So... Which prop should I get now??? What is the difference between the 5X13, 5X12 and 1847. There is also a 2315. I will go broke attempting to try them all.

PS. Boat back in the water late last night. Seem to run fine. I guess all is well. I will try to test again tonight.
    The ACME 1847 is a 14x14.25” prop. The pitch is 14.25” which really isn’t meant for heavily loaded conditions. The first number is the overall diameter of the prop (tip to tip) so 14”.

In your situation either the OJ 945 or ACME 2773 are going to be what you want to look for. Essentially a 15x13” prop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz