Default I sold my 1998 Mobius and taking a hiatus

I sold my 1998 Mobius this weekend. I thought it was going to be sad but knowing it is going to a family with young kids to continue the tradition made my day. I sold the boat for the same price I bought it in 2002 at $17,000 so I wasn't disappointed. I decided a few weeks ago that I was giving up skiing that I've been doing for the last 55 years. This is the first time without a boat since 1991 and I may be looking for a boat down the road when the market cools off. The buyer came from near Seattle about 250 miles with cash in hand and I had one other person from Seattle willing to pay more. It's been a great boat since I bought it in 2002 and one of the few times I sold something with no issues. Also, my boat useage went from 50 hours per year when my daughter was young and we camped to 15 hours to year after she graduated and the last two years was 4 hours each year.

I kept my ski gear in case I get physically able to get yanked out of the water but I may try surfing though at my age I hate to put the big money down so as long as I have friends who own ski and surf boats they are always looking for others. I was surprised the NADA price had actually gone up over the past few years so when it priced out at $16,100 for an average boat I was surprised. I priced it at $17,000 just to see if it doable and the buyer showed up, he drove it and gave me all cash. I took the advice of a boat dealer I talked to a few weeks ago and he said to spread out on Craigslist to all of the major cities nearby and I'm glad I did as all of my offers came from places 200-300 miles away.

I will be on the forum which I haven't done much lately as the DD and ski discussion is rather dead. This forum helped a lot when I first got on and it still presents interesting conversation. I think Moomba puts out a fine product and it is reflected in my sale.

https://kpr.craigslist.org/boa/d/199...610239636.html
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Well, congrats! Still a fine looking boat.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

You sir, did an excellent job taking care of your boat! I take pride in the condition of my toys and it is evident that you do too. Well done
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Congrats. I'll be over in your neck of the woods twice this summer if you want a pull behind a 2001...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

A sad day I am sure. Props to you for maintaining a boat so well. I treat my toys like family and it shows when you go to sell them. My friends think I am crazy and tell me I overkill everything, but it is funny how they want to buy my stuff when I am ready to move on! It kills me to see $125k boats stored outside, beached at a sandbar, or not maintained as they should be. My first boat was a 1975 Crestliner Tri-hull (in 199 and I treated it just as good as I treat my new Moomba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Yes you have taken great care of this moomba and I will continue to take great care of her. My oldest was out wakeboarding Sunday and we will be up again this morning at six am to give it another go. She pulled my big butt right out of the water no problem and no hesitation.
    #fatmanmakingwaves

Quote Originally Posted by FROELBO View Post
    Yes you have taken great care of this moomba and I will continue to take great care of her. My oldest was out wakeboarding Sunday and we will be up again this morning at six am to give it another go. She pulled my big butt right out of the water no problem and no hesitation.
    #fatmanmakingwaves
    There ya go folks. The buyer of my boat. Great guy. He bought the boat on Saturday and he was out with his family on Father's Day. So glad to see the pictures he sent me as seeing kids having fun with the boat makes feel good as those are the best times. Hope you have has much fun with the boat as I did. So welcome our new member.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Yes, welcome and congrats on the "new" boat. Looks new anyway.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Congrats. I'll be over in your neck of the woods twice this summer if you want a pull behind a 2001...
    i like your signature, its cool