Default 1997 Boomerang Something is slipping HELP!!!

okay last week was out on boat doing some water skiing. my dad was driving said he heard a noise it normally doesn't make i went to drive and had no power to prop if you applied any throttle. thought fluid might be low it wasn't. But it was brown so i pumped it out put fresh fluid came back to lake next day was better but if i goosed it it would slip rpm would go way up and you would go no where. So long story short thought it was transmission clutches or seals rebuilt entire trans this past week. took it out yesterday and i still cant apply the power like i used to so i am starting to lean towards something else that might be slipping anyone have any ideas?

Does your prop have a key on the shaft? Wondering if that somehow failed and your prop is just spinning? It's a reach, but wouldn't hurt to confirm. Without it, your boat isn't going very far.
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

There is a clutch that engages the trans when you shift it from neutral. It may be worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

When you say clutch do you mean the ones in the trans or are you talking about the damper on the flywheel?

Default 1997 Boomerang Something is slipping HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Countrycummins99 View Post
    When you say clutch do you mean the ones in the trans or are you talking about the damper on the flywheel?
    There's a clutch inside the trans, you can hear it engage when you shift slowly from neutral.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Yes their all brand new along with the seals

Bump still slips after trans rebuild going to check transmission pressure today if that checks normal any other ideas?

Just to throw something out there: transmission shifter cable adjustment/failure/loose bracket. Maybe something is preventing it from going into gear completely?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Ya I checked all that goes into gear correctly and engages I am starting to wonder if it’s the shock absorber in the fly wheel