Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 06 outback V new block no spark from dist to plugs

I just bought an outback v with a cracked block although before I Removef the old engine I did start it up and everything worked absolutely fine from electrical standpoint.

Now that I put all the old parts and wires On the new Longblock I知 getting error code number one On the dash when I turn the key on and when I turn the engine over I知 getting spark to the distributor but not to any of the plugs
    Please oh please help

Quote Originally Posted by Ceetpeet View Post
    I just bought an outback v with a cracked block although before I Removef the old engine I did start it up and everything worked absolutely fine from electrical standpoint.

Now that I put all the old parts and wires On the new Longblock I知 getting error code number one On the dash when I turn the key on and when I turn the engine over I知 getting spark to the distributor but not to any of the plugs
    Please oh please help
    So the coil is positively feeding the distributor but you have no spark? You confirmed this? Ummmm, any chance you left the rotor out or it痴 toasted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

When I pull the wire off of the ignition coil and try to start the engine I can see a spark coming out and I’ve tried 2 distributors just to make sure

How are you seeing the spark, hold a gap to the engine block?

Also when connected to the distributor and you pull a spark plug and ground it to the block you then get no spark?

Here's a link to Indmar error codes. I do not see a "1" for the DTC. How are you reading this code? Are you just getting a single light flash?
    https://www.bakesonline.com/images/M...oubleCodes.pdf
    Last edited by Stazi; 06-15-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    2017 Moomba Craz

First of all thank you very much for helping out, when I pull the wire off from the ignition coil to the distributor and crank it over I can see a spark coming out of the plastic connector on the coil.and correct I’m getting no spark to any of the plugs at all.even if I pour gas into the intake and crank it over I’m getting absolutely nothing.and on the dash where it typically flashes the hours on the boat it just says error 1

Default 06 outback V new block no spark from dist to plugs

Quote Originally Posted by Ceetpeet View Post
    First of all thank you very much for helping out, when I pull the wire off from the ignition coil to the distributor and crank it over I can see a spark coming out of the plastic connector on the coil.and correct I知 getting no spark to any of the plugs at all.even if I pour gas into the intake and crank it over I知 getting absolutely nothing.and on the dash where it typically flashes the hours on the boat it just says error 1
    Have you pulled a spark plug, kept it in a plug lead, held it to the block and checked to see that there is really no spark at that plug? Sorry for the repetitive questions, but you did not answer this question specifically when I asked before. For there to be spark at the coil wire feeding the distributor and then none from the distributor to the block is bizarre. If the spark can make it to the distributor and then stops there, would make me think that the block is either not grounded or the rotor is missing from the distributor. I知 not sure what else could interrupt that circuit. How are you seeing a spark from the coil wire? What did you ground it to, in order to see the arc?

Also, is the brush from the center post of the distributor cap making contact with the rotor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stazi; 06-15-2018 at 04:52 PM.
    2017 Moomba Craz

I will double check these things in just a couple of hours and get back to you.thanks again

Please get back to us if you figure it out. Helps to have this kind of info recorded on the forum for other people that may run into similar issues in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I will for sure. I got hijacked by my wife and won’t get to tinker on it till tomorrow

UPDATE
    so it turns out the DIST was way out of position, i had a mechanic get it in correctly.

So now I have spark and the engine is timed.

but it still won't run, if i put gas in the intake it will fire right up and run smooth. the fuel pump is priming, and theres fuel in the rails. but some how its not running.
    is there a chance i have the injectors wiresin the wrong order?

also still getting ERROR 1 on the tach where the hours usually go