Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ceetpeet View Post
    UPDATE
    so it turns out the DIST was way out of position, i had a mechanic get it in correctly.

So now I have spark and the engine is timed.

but it still won't run, if i put gas in the intake it will fire right up and run smooth. the fuel pump is priming, and theres fuel in the rails. but some how its not running.
    is there a chance i have the injectors wiresin the wrong order?

also still getting ERROR 1 on the tach where the hours usually go
    Possible, but usually the injector pigtails are very short and next to each injector, so I would think it would be hard to switch around. But maybe I知 wrong... is there anyway to get the harnesses switched from one side of the engine to the other?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Your right , the pig tails are in the exact spot they should be in..... is there a way to test power to the injectors or the ground ?

I actually just tested the resistance of all the injector pigtails and they were all 13 and then I tested the volts o the injector wires with the key on and they all came up with 13.98

I actually just tested the resistance of all the injector pigtails and they were all 13 and then I tested the volts o the injector wires with the key on and they all came up with 13.98
    Sounds good then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Did you do a voltage drop or did you check available voltage. Also what was the voltage on the ground side

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Hey edo88,

I believe the voltage on the ground side was zero, How would I do a voltage drop test?

Hey edo88,

I believe the voltage on the ground side was zero, How would I do a voltage drop test?
    Reading above I see where you said you did this with the key on you need to be cranking the engine over while checking voltage to injectors

Easier way would be get a noid light kit and while your cranking it see if you can see the control module switching the ground on the injector for it to spray fuel. The signal is usually really fast and a dmm wont pick it up it値l be a ground controlled signal so when you have the key on it値l show battery voltage and once you crank the ecm switches ground and it値l hit zero volts and repeat really fast.

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

sorry for the crude drawing but it痴 easier to show then explain it.

So if you wanted to check the ground side with the dmm just move the positive lead of your dmm to the negative side of the injector while your negative lead is still grounded. But again unless your using a high dollar fluke you might not see the signal change from on and off just beware.

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Thank you very much I will check it tonight.is there any way the throttle position sensor could have anything to do with this? It did get wet

Well what did you find out

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig