Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I’m still lost. I have a mechanic looking at it right now.

WTF?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

So I tried to follow everyone’s instructions and keep troubleshooting it on my own but I feel like I got in over my head. It felt like I could have kept going on it for weeks without discovering the actual issue so I finally had to take it to a mechanic They should have it done in a week or so and I will definitely post what the problem was and what they did. I really appreciate you guys trying to help me though

I think its a bad crank position sensor not giving the ECM the signal the engine is spinning and thus not turning on the coil.

I am curious to hear the outcome
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Ceetpeet View Post
    So I tried to follow everyone’s instructions and keep troubleshooting it on my own but I feel like I got in over my head. It felt like I could have kept going on it for weeks without discovering the actual issue so I finally had to take it to a mechanic They should have it done in a week or so and I will definitely post what the problem was and what they did. I really appreciate you guys trying to help me though
    Yes please post what they find I am curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

So you think the crank position sensor I bought at a auto parts store could be the problem? And that’s why I may not be getting any injector pulse

Does anybody know the part number for the Sierra part number and I will run out and get one

You need to verify your getting a signal from that sensor when the engine is turning over.

Its not a common fail issue but its a big issue when you have Fuel, compression but no spark.

The basics of what happens in the start process is.

Turn Key on
    Fuel pump primes
    Checks Fuel rail pressure (EFI) Carb (NA)
    Engages Starter
    Looks for Crank Sensor Input
    Then Send Pulse signal to Ignition
    Engine Starts
    Looks for Oil Pressure

When the engine cranks if it doesn't see the crank pulse it wont engage the ignition because it doesn't know where #1 is at to fire the engine.

If you have a Pulse signal from the CPS then you need to move to the ECM make sure it sees the Pulse signal.
    If it sees the pulse signal then move to the Coil
    Same checks
    Does it see the signal
    Are you getting any spark
    If not then Move to the Cap, Rotor, Wires Plugs.

Try to just think of how the Signal Starts and Trace it through all the wires. Someplace in that line is the issue.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

thanks I will start checking those things tonight.

one update is the dealer I got it back from did put the scanner on for a second, its showing a pedal position sensor error. is that up by the throttle lever?
    Also, if its not timed right could the cam sensor in the dist be causing this no injector pulse issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceetpeet View Post
    thanks I will start checking those things tonight.

one update is the dealer I got it back from did put the scanner on for a second, its showing a pedal position sensor error. is that up by the throttle lever?
    Also, if its not timed right could the cam sensor in the dist be causing this no injector pulse issue?
    Pedal position error would be pointing to the Throttle Position Sensor on the side of the throttle body. This could also be pointing to the Neutral switch on your throttle, if the boat doesn't think its in neutral it wont start, but Also it shouldn't crank at all.

No timing that you adjust does not effect the CPS because its reading right from your Crank, its normally located down by the Harmonic balancer. If they build the engine out of time, like installing the main timing chain on the cam and crank wrong then you would still have issues starting but the sensor would still pulse.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I did replace the TPS , And no change. The crank position sensor seems to be functioning just because if I start the engine using carb cleaner the tachometer bumps up to exactly where it should be. Still getting error message where the hours usually read And no injector pulse.but the fuel pump is priming when I turn the key on