Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anchor line

Default Anchor line

Does anyone run a bungee anchor line saw a guy with one last week but was leaving didn’t have a chance to talk to him about it. Thanks for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

I use an Anchor Buddy with a small box anchor off the bow https://www.overtons.com/product/det...-Line&i=300090

and a Shore Spike off the stern https://www.overtons.com/product/det...-Rope&i=315677
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

So your a fan of the bungee anchor?

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

yeah, it works great and anchor retrieval is easy.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I have one and use it if I am mooring somewhere shallow with a dock. I anchor the bow with it where the water is reasonably deep and tie the stern off to the dock. It allows me to pull the boat in for loading and unloading of people and then you let out slack on the stern dock line and the bungee will pull the boat back to deeper water.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I've have one for 25 years that I made myself and probably before the Anchor buddy was born. Easy and cheap with no single failure point except the rope snapping. Keeps your boat off the beach and when you want to get in the boat you just pull it to you. It takes the shock out the boat tie downs. It will stretch on its own if you get a succession of waves or strong winds. You need some spacing with other boats because it moves around with waves and the boat will move back to its original position when the waves die down. I tie it to the boat at the limit of the bungee (you adjust the bungee stretch) where the rope takes over, let go of the boat and then let the boat move out to deeper water and tie the stern. I've used it on a beach once where the winds picked up to 30 mph and 3 foot waves and the anchor held but the rope had taken over at that point. It is an anchor rope with a brain. You need to line up the assembly before you toss the anchor and set the anchor with the rope.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    I use an Anchor Buddy with a small box anchor off the bow https://www.overtons.com/product/det...-Line&i=300090

and a Shore Spike off the stern https://www.overtons.com/product/det...-Rope&i=315677
    my exact setup.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I've used it for several years and love it. We use it to keep the boat anchored off the shore and then just pull it in close to shore when we want to get back in.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Awesome thanks guys guess I’ll go ahead and order me one

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Make sure you use a solid connecting device like locking carabineers because without them eventually parts fail or come loose. How do I know? Well.... I was left holding the rope once. I luckily retrieved the anchor after my Navy buddy dove 20 feet down with no mask and found it. The next day in another area my buddy was swimming around and found someone else's Anchor Buddy and anchor. So it happens.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD