Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Byezb View Post
    Now 3 (actually 2) cabin speakers and tower on on zone 2 and the other two cabins are zone 1.
    That up there is what I currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by derekhtv View Post
    4 in cabins and the sub are zone 1 and the towers on zone 2. Don’t think I have it the best way right now as all 4 in cabins are running off of the head unit and towers and sub are off of amp.
    This is what I want to have

Quote Originally Posted by derekhtv View Post
    I reworded the 4 in cabins and they’re all running in series for the head unit for now until I get another amp. Switched sub and towers from the amp so that towers are in zone 2 by themselves and the sub is zone one with the cabin speakers(but from the amp of course. Will change again once I have another amp to run cabins off of.
    How can I do it like this?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

Here is the relevant page from the manual. Keep in mind this is a generic explanation drawing from the manual, not exactly how my boat is wired.

I think Zone 2 is identical to what I have with my tower speakers and rear R & L cabin speakers wired as it is shown. Tower speakers coming from amp.

My Zone 1 actual wiring is the 2 bow speakers and sub (sub is coming from amp). There is no amp on Zone 1 at the moment, and no funds to buy one.

It seems simple, but I wanna do it right so I ask you guys . All I really want to do is swap the rear R & L cabins from Zone 2 to Zone 1 so my towers are on a Zone all by themselves, and the 4 cabins and sub are on the other zone.
    Last edited by jimmsch; 06-13-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

@jimmsch

1st want to confirm which model head you have. 2nd, its important that ALL speakers be driven by an external amplifier.

RA70N

https://www.fusionentertainment.com/...ms-ra70n/specs

Look at tech specs and it shows that the unit has onboard (built in) amp. I realize this may not be as good as external amp, but the cabin speakers will never be cranked up high. They are for relaxing between sets.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Every head unit has an on-board amp. it has too, or it would not be able to drive a speaker. Totally separate discussion from wanting in-boats and woofer on 1 zone and tower on 2nd zone.

There is no good way to configure the 2 zones without ALL speakers on external amps. External implies there is an internal.

OK, but derek seems to have done it exactly as I would like.

Quote Originally Posted by derekhtv
    4 in cabins and the sub are zone 1 and the towers on zone 2. Don’t think I have it the best way right now as all 4 in cabins are running off of the head unit and towers and sub are off of amp.
    When you say there is no good way, it implies that there is a way.