Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2018 Fusion RA70N zones

On the water this weekend I realized that the four cabin speakers in the boat are wired to separate zones, and they're completely non-intuitive. Zone 1 is the left front and right rear, and Zone 2 is the left rear and right front plus Tower speakers. I think the crossover is a mistake, but I would love to have a better division - Like all four cabin speakers on Zone one, and the tower on Zone 2. After looking at the manual for the radio, it doesn't seem like you can get all four channels powered by the head unit on the same zone. Am I interpreting this correctly? Looks like it's time for an amp!

Does anyone know what these Factory speakers are?
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

If ALL speakers are powered on external amp, you can have 1 zone for tower and 1 zone for in-boats.

The on-boats area 6.5" Kicker marine OEM speaker.

Interpreted correctly, you need an amp for the in boats, get your amp and may as well get some bow speakers at the same time, then you can do zone 1 cabins and sub , if you have or want, and towers zone 2
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I had the same issue in my Max. Literally just finished residing it all about an hour ago. 4 in cabins and the sub and zone 1 and the towers on zone 2. Don’t think I have it the best way right now as all 4 in cabins are running off of the head unit and towers and amp are off of amp.

Almost forgot, they had my towers running from sub out and not my subwoofer.

Quote Originally Posted by derekhtv View Post
    I had the same issue in my Max. Literally just finished residing it all about an hour ago. 4 in cabins and the sub and zone 1 and the towers on zone 2. Don’t think I have it the best way right now as all 4 in cabins are running off of the head unit and towers and amp are off of amp.

Almost forgot, they had my towers running from sub out and not my subwoofer.
    so, did you just re-wire the four in-cabins? Like cut and splice, or was there somewhere easier to make the changes?
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Install another amp, run rcas, may need a converter from speaker wire to rca, problem solved and it will sound better.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I reworded the 4 in cabins and they’re all running in series for the head unit for now until I get another amp. Switched sub and towers from the amp so that towers are in zone 2 by themselves and the sub is zone one with the cabin speakers(but from the amp of course. Will change again once I have another amp to run cabins off of.

Have another question about all this. Have my sub coming from the “sub out” of the head unit. If I turn the sub level up from the head unit so I can actually get bass, it turns up the bass in all my speakers which makes the towers basically unusable. Is the only way to fix this to get an actual zone controller? Right now I am just having to turn my sub all the way down at the head unit.

Are you sure the RCA and amps are configured correctly? The sub output level should not attenuate any frequencies, especially on any full range outputs.

Did your boats not come with 2 amps? I have 6 cabin speakers and the sub running from the fusion amp. That is zone 1. Zone 2 is the (2ea) Rev 10s on the tower which is powered by a Wetsounds amp. The zone controller works great for that set up. If you are buying a new amp, I would suggest one that would power all the in boat speakers and sub. Then power the tower speakers separately. Also, I put my fusion amp on the “all” setting instead of the hi pass setting to allow base to come through the boat speakers also. From there I set the gain on each channel so that I can turn all speakers all the way up without distortion. It sounds good, but I am not impressed with the Kicker 6.5’s. They are on my list to replace some day. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold