Default Quick-disconnect hose

Hello,

After finding and disconnecting the quick-disconnect hose, I decided to hook up my garden hose and run the engine to winterize. Then I looked more carefully, and it seems water will either only run through half of the engine(the right side), or exit through the other end of the disconnected hose making a huge mess. Am I missing something?

Also, to winterize the heater is it as simple as disconnecting the hoses to it and blowing them out, or is it more involved?

Cheers, and thanks in advance for answering what may be a stupid question.

Default Quick Drain Hose

The quick drain hose is only meant to let you drain the water from the manifolds ... not to supply water to the engine for running. Disconnecting the heater hoses and blowing that water out of the hoses and the heater core will be sufficient for winter protection.

Engine Nut
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

Before you run your boat again, make sure to check the impeller. There's a pretty good chance that you burnt it up running it like that.

I did not run it, thank goodness. As I posted it just didn't look right to me. I was advised by a salesperson at my dealership to do that, I'll be giving him a visit. After reading past posts from engine nut, I decided to just drain the water and forget putting antifreeze in it.

I've always changed the oil right on my boat launch, so I haven't had to run the engine using a garden hose. do I have to buy one of those plunger things, or is there another way?

Thanks guys

I went to Lowes and bought one of those deep black plungers and cut the lining out of it. I then went to the water hose section and picked up a plastic fitting and put it through the side of the plunger. Cost me 8 bucks and works like a charm!!!

Thanks Jesse,

Sounds like what I had in mind. I'm sure they charge $80 or more at the dealership.

Cheers