Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The mechanic is saying that the fuel pump is bad. I told them to replace it. He said it may be a couple weeks before it's ready
    2011 Moomba XLV 325 Indmar Assault

Quote Originally Posted by mstopher82 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Do you remember what part number it was or where you ordered it?
    Not off the top of my head. That boat is long gone. Good luck. Did they put a pressure gauge on the pump while it was running and underload to verify the pump isn’t producing what it should? If they just start throwing parts at it and it doesn’t fix it I wouldn’t be happy. Wonder why a couple weeks on an external fuel pump.

It could be the fuel pump I guess but it certainly sounds like a fire issue to me, especially being off and on. I'm not a mechanic of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    Not off the top of my head. That boat is long gone. Good luck. Did they put a pressure gauge on the pump while it was running and underload to verify the pump isn’t producing what it should? If they just start throwing parts at it and it doesn’t fix it I wouldn’t be happy. Wonder why a couple weeks on an external fuel pump.
    From my understanding it is not an external pump. They moved the fuel pumps and filter into the fuel tank in '09 or '10 to prevent the vapor lock issues they were having.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothwater View Post
    It could be the fuel pump I guess but it certainly sounds like a fire issue to me, especially being off and on. I'm not a mechanic of course.
    I had an issue with my boat stopping us and leaving us stranded multiple times a few summers ago. It would start right up and run for 30 mins or so and shut off and leave us stranded. It was our low pressure fuel pump. Had it replaced and been good since. 2000 nautique not a moomba. Not sure if that's helpful or not, just another perspective.

Smoothwater What is the coil pack and where is it located? I have a 2005 Moomba Indmar Assult 5.7 EFI that I just recently purchased and believe that what you had going on is the what I have going on. Can you help with location and part number?

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    Smoothwater What is the coil pack and where is it located? I have a 2005 Moomba Indmar Assult 5.7 EFI that I just recently purchased and believe that what you had going on is the what I have going on. Can you help with location and part number?
    Follow the single lead going into the distributor back, and you will see the coil pack. Typically mounted above the v-drive trans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Follow the single lead going into the distributor back, and you will see the coil pack. Typically mounted above the v-drive trans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What he says.

Just an update. Mechanic is leaning away from it being the fuel pump. He says that it is coming on every time he keys it up. He told me he has an ohm diagram (maybe a wire diagram?) and is tracing backwards from the fuel pump. I guess they will find the problem eventually.

Sorry so long to get back on but we have been at the lake �� as to what was wrong with it I'm still not sure. The mechanic had it twice first time he said nothing was wrong. Well that wasn't the case. He had it for about 2 weeks called and said he thought may be a fuel pump
    He called the week after that and said it was running fine. However, he didn't replace the fuel pump or anything. No charge for looking at it the second time. They said it was the "magic touch", whatever that means. But hey! The boat runs great and we love it! Now on to my next issue, diagnosing the ballast tanks that are not filling SMH!