Default OTD Pricing 2018 Moomba Line UP

Anyone care to share what you guys are getting the 2017/2018 boats OTD?

I am starting to shop for a new boat. Was looking at used boats for a few months but I have had 3 boat deals fall thru and I am pretty much fed up with the process, so I am considering purchasing new. I have 2 Moomba dealers near me. I placed a call to the closest one today and was put on hold for 10 minutes so I just hung up haha.

I am not interested in a Mojo, too large for my storage area. I am towing with an FJ Cruiser, so can't go that big. I do live on the lake so I don't have to tow it often or very far at all.

Also considering Axis A20/22 or T22.
    2003 Mobius LSV GG Edition - Sold!

Small package but big performance I would take a peak at the Helix. Best out of the box wakeboard wake and a little more weight its a surf monster.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Thanks! I guess I should add that I only surf and cruise.

What's the OTD price on a gated Helix? I would really like to find a gently used 1 year old Moomba/Axis but used boat buying has been such a headache this time around.

What is your FJ towing capacity?

Most wake boats plus trailer are 5000#+

I am guessing that might exceed the FJ tow capacity and will also likely exceed GVW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    What is your FJ towing capacity?

Most wake boats plus trailer are 5000#+

I am guessing that might exceed the FJ tow capacity and will also likely exceed GVW.

It is 5000 lbs. most people tow that or a little more very easily. But like I said I live on the lake and have a boat ramp in my yard. The only time I'll use a public ramp is when the water is too low to use mine. Which isn't often and the public ramp is 2 miles away. But a 22ft boat would still be the biggest I would consider and would be pushing t be definitely feasible.

I looked at the Axis A22 and one of my buddies owned a T22. Personally, I think the Moomba blows the Axis out of the water on look and interior finishes. Therefore, I went with a new 2018 Moomba Craz. Plus the Autowake feature drew me in. I think the waves are comparable, and it all depends on how you weight them up with aftermarket ballast or lead. I was in your shoes about a year ago, and thought I wanted to buy one that was a year old. However, the piece of mind with the warranty is what swayed me to a new one. Moomba also has a better warranty than the Axis. I got 5 years “bumper to bumper”, 7 years on the motor, transmission and v drive, and of course the hulls on Skier’s Choice boats are lifetime. I think the Axis only has a 5 year hull warranty and I don’t know if it is transferable. Make sure you check all that out. I only have about 6 hours of real Wakeboard and surf hours on the Craz so far, but I love it. I am about to spend 4 days at Norris Lake to really dial it in, but so far my buddies who own Malibu’s have been impressed. The 2017 Malibu LSV 23 that I surfed behind has a better wave for sure, but it should since it is bigger, and it cost about $30k more. I would think you could get a Helix with decent options for around $60k-$65k if you find one that is a year old. I was finding 2017 Craz’s for around $70k, but the 2018 had some options I could not live without. I.E. 6 pump ballast system and I really like the upgrades on the Autowake system with the amplitude bar and predictive state. Just do your research and ask to test Ride whatever Boat you are interested in before you make a final decision. One last note, my buddy with the 2017 Malibu had some quality issues with the Gel coat. I think the spray lines on my Moomba are better than his Malibu. Good luck!

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Not trying to hijack your thread, but I have a loaded up 17 Craz that will be available the end of the month for $65k. I believe this is a very good price on the boat based on what I’ve been able to find on the market in the southeast. Sale will go through dealer so wouldn’t involve some of the headaches of buying used. PM me if you want any more info

In your shoes last year narrowed it down to the Tige R20 A 20 and Nxt 20. Tho I really wanted the mastercraft the NXT wasn't even close to the rest , loved the Tige but the the dealor service, fit and finish, and kick ass surf waveof the Helix m ade it the only option.

When you consider price there are a few add on that you really want. 1100s in the rear, Sub, swivel raks and tower speakers are must haves, don't get the auto wake I did and I never use it for wakeboard or surfing , just my opinions good luck get and I promise you the Moomba will be the best bang for the buck out there!

I have seen well optioned helix's on sale for around 59k. I would think u can get a dealer to work with you on price If you know exactly what you want. The dealer I've talked to has told me they are going to be getting 19' models end of July. I bet you could find an 18' that a dealer is looking to get rid of for a good price. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I disagree on the Autowake comment. I think it works very well. I would recommend reading the Autowake Questions thread. Matt Brown the production manager at SC does a great job of explaining how to use it. He is long winded, but I read the entire Thread and now understand it. I would suggest reading it, trying it out and you may change your opinion. It is designed to give you a consistent wake, not a bigger wake. It helps you to place people or weight correctly so that you keep more ballast in and the wake or wave remains consistent. I will say, the software upgrade is probably a must on a 2017. I have the 2018 with the amplitude bar and I pay attention to it every time out. It really helps you understand how weight affects your wake. I think you also have to add a draft sensor to make it work on the 2017.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold