Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We reccomend that you take your boat to your authorized dealer for insepection/repair of any fuel related issues. To my knowledge this is not a common problem and should be addressed as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Jay Warren
    Skier's Choice

Hey Jay~ Unfortunately, I just though the smell was common and did not have my dealer look into it last week when they had it for the 20hr/winterization. Since they're 2 hours one way, any suggestion you might have for me trying to diagnose myself (no liability on SC of course)

I really can't help you with any hints or ideas here. The fuel tank needs to be pressure tested and that can only be done by the dealer. Wish I could help more. Jay Warren

Well…after three hours, a few bloody knuckles and a glass splinter or two…I think it’s the friggin’ gas cap!?! I tore out all the panels in the rear locker as well as the rear seat, hard ballast tank, removable floor panel and motor box…traced the line all the way to/from the tank and all connectors…no leaks. There are two fuel lines on either end of the tank on top that both feed into a single line that runs up and Y’s into the filer hose on the back side of the transom. I assume it’s some kind of overflow/pressure relief system. The inside of the cap also has some funky little gizmo for relief, however I can’t for the life of me see how/where it vents the fumes, as there is no hole/valve/etc in the cap itself? I’ve experimented with the cap looser, tighter, etc and no difference. I’ve now duct taped the opening as a last resort and the smell is almost gone. is about all I can say at this point.

On the plus side, I learned a lot about the boat and now have several more post and questions,

I know it’s no secret about the inaccurate fuel gauge, but for those who are interested…my gas gauge is reading 1/8 tank, but the tank is ½ full! I didn’t think the discrepancy would be that huge! Oh well, at least I know when I’m on “E” it means “Eh, there’s still some left”. The boat is perfectly level in my garage (yes I even put a level on it). We’ll call it the “reserve”

I guess there’s worse ways to spend a Saturday…