Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Running stereo through accesory switch on a Supra SL

Hello all,

Just trying to figure out a way to be able to manually turn the stereo off and on, as others have done, in a Supra SL. As far as I can tell, the headunit is built in to the touchscreen (I have not been able to locate a separate headunit). All the controls for the stereo run through the screen as well. When you turn off the key, a popup asks if you want to keep the audio on.

Am I thinking correctly that there is power running from the screen to the amps, and I could run this power through one of the open accesory switches on the dash? I would really like to turn the power off to the stereo myself, if possible. Would this confuse the software in the screen in any way? Could it cause any issues? Thanks for any insight!

I would really like to turn the power off to the stereo myself
    Hit the "power" button on the screen to turn the stereo off.

Pretty sure you can only mute the stereo from the screen, no power off button.

IMG_2140.jpg

Do anyone know if we can wire a accessory switch on the blue wire? If not where would be the best place to put one in?
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

1st, there is no reason to the amps turned on, without the ICE and screen. 2nd, turning the amps on/off independent of the ICE, will create pops/thumps.

It would be great if the OP would jump back in and expand on what her's after in the end.

The new Sl already pops on start up, the OP and myself are friends and are having issues with the boat making a very loud POP on start up, I sounds like a back fire an is going to blow my kids ear drums out. Supras fix so far is to run the battery in 1+2 mode.
    After killing a battery last night tempting ballast , i prefer to have the battery in 1 or 2 so that I can start the boat if one dies
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

As shock this mentions, we both have a 2018 Supra SL and are on the same lake. We both have the same problem, that our boats pop loudly on startup, but only if we are in battery position 1 or 2. It does not happen if we start in position 1+2. In the SL there is no way to turn off the stereo completely (there is no on/off button on the touchscreen), only turn it down to volume 0 or mute, but it still pops in this situation. It would be nice to be able to turn off the stereo completely, which is why we were looking into wiring a switch into the system. Alternatively I suppose you could start in 1+2, then switch to either 1 or 2 when stopped, but this leads to a bunch of flipping of a battery switch when out riding. The other thing we have looked into is ditching the stock 1,2 and 1+2 perko for a blue seas switch and ACR (7650). Apparently Supra is aware of the issue, but they have not come up with a fix yet either. All they have said is that when starting on 1 or 2, the starter pulls enough voltage to cause the subs to turn off and on, causing a pop. Not sure why this would happen if starter and house batteries are isolated.

I'll tell you what...I trade you for my 2017 SA400 straight up for your 2018 SL and drive up to make the switch. That way you can have a sound system that doesn't pop when starting and I can have all sub-floor ballast and built in cooler in the floor.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Ok, not I understand what you are after. However, the blue amp turn-on is not the circuit you want. As noted, turning the amps on/off independent of the ICE, will likely cause pop/thump.

A firmware update from Murphy would probably return an on/off command to the screen.

Apparently Supra is working with Murphy on this as they have identified it as a software problem. Still confused as to why it pops when on position 1 and 2, but not when on 1+2.

Oh, and no trades!! Despite the pop, this is the best boat I’ve had, and thats coming from previous 23lsv, and 2 G23’s (pre and post 2015). This wakeboard and surf wave is sweet!