Default No cabin speaker output after using switch for wakeplate

I was doing some garage boating in my 2006 XLV...listening to the stereo in the boat and wrapping up some projects. I accidentally bumped the wake plate switch down when I was working around the dash. There was a crackling/popping noise and immediately lost cabin speaker output. The subs were still going, which are on another amp. I could not get the speakers to work without cycling the on/off switch at the helm. As soon as my phone paired the speakers all worked. Tried it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke incident and the same thing. Loud crackle pop and no cabin speaker output. I tried to turn the head unit on and off, pause then play the music, turn the volume all the way down then back up. Nothing worked so again I cycled the rocker switch and everything worked normally after that. I did the same thing a few more times and it did it every time. The cabin and tower speakers are run off of the same amp. However the tower speakers are not connected right now. I removed the tower to replace the pads and have not hooked up the tower speakers back to the amp yet.

In the past I would always have some popping & crackle noise every time I would adjust the wake plate, but it never lost any speaker output. I had read about a resistor mod or something like that in the past and figured I would get to it one of these days.

Obviously the engine wasn't running when it did this. It was not on a battery charger or maintainer at that time. Past few months I have been working on the ballast system, new subwoofer box, both floor panels were out, tower was removed.

Any idea what to check or where to start?
    2006 XLV

Id start with battery voltage at the amp, especially when you activate the wake plate

Ok I will check that this afternoon.

There are two batteries, the second one runs the stereo, and I left everything else on the first one. Using a stinger battery isolator.
    2006 XLV

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Id start with battery voltage at the amp, especially when you activate the wake plate
    That was it. No problems with a charged battery. Two full days at the lake and no issues. Thanks!
    2006 XLV