Default Heater Install 2018 SA

My boat coming in August won't have a heater, so i'm looking into DIY the project. Has anyone tackled this project on the Raptor motor?

Does anyone know if SC is good about offering up installation instructions for something like this? I'd like to go by the factory recommendations if the layout works for me.

Congrats on the SA, I also ordered an SA build is scheduled for June 12th.

I made a change after submitting my order. You might still have time to add the heater to your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryann View Post
    My boat coming in August won't have a heater, so i'm looking into DIY the project. Has anyone tackled this project on the Raptor motor?

Does anyone know if SC is good about offering up installation instructions for something like this? I'd like to go by the factory recommendations if the layout works for me.
    Did you ever get this done yourself... I am looking to do the same in my 2018 SR. Thanks
    2018 SR450

**Previous**2009 Supra Launch 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by OHSupra View Post
    Did you ever get this done yourself... I am looking to do the same in my 2018 SR. Thanks
    For the Raptors, you will run the plumbing lines from the cooling system (to/from), not raw water once you decide where to mount the unit. I recall a post about someone installing one on here or over on Fbook. On the Raptors, you need a pump.

You have the electric to the unit (fan) and pump via a rocker switch. Fuse protection. I think if you buy the kits from Heater Craft, they come with everything you need including the harness to power the pump and heater unit using a switch. Probably around 10-20amp draw, but the kit would tell you that info.

https://heatercraft.com/

Cutting and installing vents should be very easy. If it were me, I would have one vent by the drivers side since that would be me driving most of the time. All factory units are mounted on the passenger side.
    2018 Supra SL400