Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best model for Surfing?

Recently traded my Harley for a car for my daughter, and wife says instead of replacing bike next year, we should get a boat. Haven't been in a boat much in about 10 years, but we have some friends with a '10 LSV they we have caught a few rides with. It surfs okay, but does much better with lots of people, which isn't always possible. And owner isn't keen on having sacs everywhere. Im thinking budget will be 50ish, up to 60 for the RIGHT boat. Problem is, I cant really distinguish which models from Moomba are "surf" vs "wake" boats. Having turned 40, I'm more into surfing than boarding, as the crashes hurt way less. Can any one point me towards some info about which models are better suited for surfing? Thanks

Find yourself a used Mojo and don't look back. You'll love it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

15 and up Mojo, weight it right and surf all day. Throws a great wakeboard wake too!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    15 and up Mojo, weight it right and surf all day. Throws a great wakeboard wake too!
    Why 15+? Been not looking at boats for 10 years, so i'm pretty clueless about all the advances since the SA230 and Axis A22. Also looking at Axis as well, and I know they got surf gate around 15/16. I know the mojo is 23', but may go smaller to fit in garage, so Helix/Mondo/A20. Thoughts/opinions?

15 and up is 23' and newest hull. Before that was Mojo 2.5, 22.5'. Helix is a great surf boat, tons of freeboard and can throw a low of weight at it.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by Aidansdad View Post
    Why 15+? Been not looking at boats for 10 years, so i'm pretty clueless about all the advances since the SA230 and Axis A22. Also looking at Axis as well, and I know they got surf gate around 15/16. I know the mojo is 23', but may go smaller to fit in garage, so Helix/Mondo/A20. Thoughts/opinions?
    If you're into the smaller length boats I would take a hard look at the Helix, with upgraded bags it's a surf monster. You can order new and pick everything you want and still stay in your budget. Also close to your budget is the MAX which is a little big bigger then the Helix.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I have a Helix and love it! 2017 Surf Edition. Aidansdad, any questions, shoot me a PM. I'll try my best to answer them. I've just about got my wave dialed in so hopefully I'll have some pics soon. I've upgraded the rear ballasts and my 1000#s of LeadWake bags just arrived so I'll be setting it up this weekend.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

Went and checked out boats locally yesterday. Heyday, Axis/Malibu, and Moomba/Supra/MC. The Heyday WT-Surf is a legit boat on the inside. And super cheap. Axis is still what I remember. But the Moomba Max blew me away!! They sold their Helix last week, so I didn’t get a chance to check out one of those. When they get one, I’m there the next day. Plan to demo the Heyday and the Moomba Max/Helix. Is there a huge difference in the depth of the helix and Max. And yeah, gonna have some work to do on my wife to finagle the budget a little bit, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidansdad View Post
    Went and checked out boats locally yesterday. Heyday, Axis/Malibu, and Moomba/Supra/MC. The Heyday WT-Surf is a legit boat on the inside. And super cheap. Axis is still what I remember. But the Moomba Max blew me away!! They sold their Helix last week, so I didn’t get a chance to check out one of those. When they get one, I’m there the next day. Plan to demo the Heyday and the Moomba Max/Helix. Is there a huge difference in the depth of the helix and Max. And yeah, gonna have some work to do on my wife to finagle the budget a little bit, lol.
    Aidansdad, what did you ever decide on a boat? Did you go demo all of them? Thoughts on what you went out on and reasons you bought what you did?
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

Actually i tried surfing and boarding but surfing was way more fun, last month was very stressful for me at work. A friend of mine suggested me a surfing trip with my family to have some fun. Well i couldn't say no but my daughter didn't have an SUP board so, i had to looking for one online, after hours of searching i ended up ordering “Retrospec Weekender Nano” she likes the color even the price was acceptable for me ( you can check it out here :https://standuppaddleboardworld.com/...le-board-kids/ ) at the end we had really amazing trip.