Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

Default Murder Max Mods

My plan is to do all 8 cupholders in the floor to add some light down there along with the 4 interior speakers since the single LED’s I added don’t show up well against the black cone.

Im also going to do the cupholders on the transom and the rev10’s, but will run the 12v wire for that circuit through one of the acc switches on the dash so that I can turn them off when underway. The law will use any excuse around here to pull you, especially at night.

I’m hoping to have all this done for our next trip to the lake the weekend after the 4th.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

The 1/4” tubing ended up being too small for the cupholders to drop all the down flush due to the led strip so I went with 5/16” OD. I found these little things in the hardware isle at Lowe’s to use as a connector.

I crazy glued the ends of tubing together with that little insert in there so it can’t back out, and also used some glue to keep the ring up on the led strip.

To get the wires to fit in the hole I used a “D” shaped file and took off just enough fiberglass in the necessary spot for the cupholder to slide down.

I’m very happy with the results:

2018 Murder Max

2018 Murder Max

You guys that do all this RGB wiring must be the most patient people ever... lol
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Just a heads up to anyone else who may order this adjustable pedestal. It is great and screws straight to the deck in the same screw pattern. However, you cannot adjust it up as easily as I expected. You have to pull the pin out and lift the seat at the same time. Because the seat wants to rock back, it binds on the post. It can be done, it just takes two people. This is more of an adjustable height “fixed” post. Don’t expect to raise it up while driving. Still a great upgrade though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah, I ordered this and returned it. Mine was also damaged int eh box when I got it from amazon, but after playing with it, I decided it wasn't worth it and returned it.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    You guys that do all this RGB wiring must be the most patient people ever... lol
    I tell myself it’s a labor of love and that flashing multi color LEDs make women horny hahaha

I’ve found that using the 4 pin connectors (and various lengths of premade wire w/4 pin connectors/splitters) makes it much easier. There is a lot of soldering up front but that’s just a little bench work, once it’s done the actual install goes quick, practically plug n play.

In the past I have tried the connectors that crimp onto the LED strips on one end and the wire on the other, those are a major pain in the rear to get good connections. I realized at some point that I spent so much time messing with them that I should have just soldered from the beginning.
    2018 Murder Max

The picture of the cup holders with the 4 pin plugs looks dang near professional lol... you did good work!
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Thank you sir!
    2018 Murder Max

Moving on to LED’s that are visible outside the boat.

The wetsounds controller has 2 outputs so I’m running all the external lights off the 2nd. I spliced into the positive wire (black wire in the rgb 4 wire lead) and ran it to the acc switch on the dash before continuing on, this allows me to turn them off when underway at night if the cops are on the lake, while the interior LEDs stay on.

The most difficult part of the job was fishing the rgb wire up and across the tower.

I went ahead and put a strip inside the vent on the transom and am going to do the cupholders back there and the two vents in front of the windshield as well, but ran out of time to finish last night.

I’ll update with more pics when it’s done.
    2018 Murder Max

I got tired of the stereo cutting out when I turned off the boat and every time I started it so I wired the head unit power wire to one of the accessory switches.

I wanted to label the switch for the stereo and the one I used for the exterior LEDs and couldn’t find anyone that makes the factory switch plates, so I ordered these on eBay:

You get to customize 10 of them so I just ordered some random ones too

Link to seller:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Round-...anner=1&_rdt=1
    2018 Murder Max