Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

Quote Originally Posted by PJSurf View Post
    @Murder - Did you use the 50 or the 80 mil Kilmat? Also, what tape did you use for the edges? How did you decide to lay each square to get the most use of the mat?
    I used the 80 mil, and just kind of eyeballed how to arrange it to be most efficient.

For tape I believe I used this, but any other similar brands should work fine:

Noico Tape Finishing Sealing Tape for car Sound deadening Installation https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HX8JNK...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    We love the seat pedestal! In fact we leave it at its tallest position all the time so really no need for it’s adjustability. Funny you mention reading about the pin because once in a blue moon the damn thing will drop all the way down for some reason, but hasn’t since I used a wrench to get the pin really tight.
    Based on this and others across the internet, I went with it. Hoping the pin doesn't cause us issue. I like the idea of not sitting on the bolster at all times.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I used the 80 mil, and just kind of eyeballed how to arrange it to be most efficient.

For tape I believe I used this, but any other similar brands should work fine:

Noico Tape Finishing Sealing Tape for car Sound deadening Installation https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HX8JNK...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    I used 50mil just for ease of use and availability. It is nice that you can also double up during application at get 100mil. However, some spots the 50mil will bend easier so I left it single layer to save my fingers. I actually did both sides on the engine dividers completely. Trying to keep the plastic from vibrating in the tracks.

Not to hi-jack, but is it worth pulling the floor panel up? The v-drive cover, and dividers made sense, not sure about the floor.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

To be honest it’s hard to say about the floor since I did it all at the same time. I’d try what you have and go from there before going through the trouble.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I ordered a batch, I'll try the dog house 1st then maybe under the center engine hatch storage tray.
    Current Boat: 2021 Moomba MAX, 400 Raptor, G6 Ballast

Prior Boats:
    2015 Nautique G21
    2012 Mastercraft X45
    2010 Mastercraft X14V
    2005 Sea Ray 220SEL
    1986 Mastercraft 190

I ordered some 3/8" thick adhesive backed sound insulation and did just the transmission cover on my Makai. It made a difference, but you can still hear the whine. I will do the floor panel next.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Kenny, I installed the seat riser on Moe Bubbles. Best mod I have done so far. Supper easy to install. 10 minutes maybe.

Followed this as I said before and did the dog house and the engine dividers. Was not that loud at all over the weekend. Installing my engine tray this weekend and I will cover the under side of it also.

Took advice and install the adjustable driver's seat mount. 12-18" - sitting on 15" increase now to see over the window tint. Wife loves it and she doesn't need the bolster now unless docking. Much more comfortable on the legs.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by gphrph View Post
    Kenny, I installed the seat riser on Moe Bubbles. Best mod I have done so far. Supper easy to install. 10 minutes maybe.
    I'm thinking of getting one. Wife always has to stand when pulling me and I always have to sit on the bolster when it's rough and I need to see good. Is the pedestal secure and doesn't wobble? I want a taller base but also want it to feel tight and secure with no major wobble or movement when on the lake. Let me know y'alls thoughts who have upgraded the riser to the Garelick/EEz-In Blue Water Pedestal. Would love to hear a long term review now that the murder max has had it for a while.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I asked this same question a couple pages back. I know I bought 1 based on his answer.

We set ours at 15". My Mojo factory is 9", new unit all the way down is 12".
    We love it. So much easier to see and the bolster now supports your legs and my wife does not have to stand. If you get the pin 100% engaged, then tighten the handle all the way, it does not move. We leave the swivel slightly loose so we can rotate, but no other movement.

Install is super easy, phillips screwdriver and about 10 minutes while the family was getting packed for the lake.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow