Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

I could t find one from same seller that was RGB. Wasn't a deal breaker for me though. I only have blue lights in my boat

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Default Murder Max Mods

So I finished up the stereo install over the weekend pulling some late nights so I could take the boat out last Sunday. Everything worked..... except a major air leak from were the sub box meets the helm wall on the bottom edge. It sounded terrible!

Remember I said I should have cut the hole for the sub a little lower....the box not being able to be pushed upwards enough was keeping it from sealing at the bottom.

To fix I ordered one of these: Atrend Universal MDF Constructed Spacer for 12 Inch Sub Boxes- Adds 3/4" to Decrease Woofer Depth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013NWD12..._CMegBbEX0EYEH

and cut a little bit off the top of it so it would make a perfect circle with the hole I cut. Then I drilled 8 small holes and counter sunk 4 short screws in to hold this to the wall, and 4 long screws going through the ring and into the box to hold it in place. Before I had the sub mounting screws going through the helm wall and into the box. Put some silicone around all seams for good measure.

Ignore the god awful hack job hole I cut, thank god it’s hidden lol.

Other than that this thing bumps hard! This system is crazy loud, I couldn’t be happier.

And good lord those rev10s scream with 300watts per speaker!!!

Going up to the in laws lake house this weekend so I’m hoping to finish up round 1 of the rgb LED install tonight or tomorrow night.
    Last edited by z28ke; 06-06-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Thanks y’all. I did see that box when looking for one but it is slightly larger than what I ended up with. Space was a major concern and I ended up having to grind some fiberglass from inside the helm for this one to fit (if I had mounted the sub 1” lower then I would have been good, but the hole was cut at that point so no going back lol)

Do you happen to have a link to those cup holders? I was thinking about making my own rings with some led strips and plastic water line for a refrigerator.
    Been there, done that. The cupholder's we're recommending look WAY better than plastic tubes under the lip of the cupholders. Plus you get a nice glow from the translucent barrel and don't get the "pearl necklace" effect. I did the translucent tubing around my subwoofers though, but made sure I got the LED strips with a higher concentration of LED's (1 LED per CM, vs most strips that have like 1 per inch).

Thanks, doesn’t look like he does rgb though?
    I've never seen RGB versions of the cupholders we suggest. But pick your fav color and just go with them. they look great and Malibu even uses them in their flagship M235.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

And good lord those rev10s scream with 300watts per speaker!!!
    That's about how I have my wetsounds powered. I have a pair of REV410s and each pod is getting 600w mono from a PPI P600.2 so 1200 RMS watts for my pair of 410's. Muhahahahahahha
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    That's about how I have my wetsounds powered. I have a pair of REV410s and each pod is getting 600w mono from a PPI P600.2 so 1200 RMS watts for my pair of 410's. Muhahahahahahha
    Man I miss those days... 410’s are awesome. If only there was a way on the new SA. However, those JL 8.8’s can get down. I’m super happy with them after the only wakeboard run I’ve ever done behind the boat lol.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Man I miss those days... 410’s are awesome. If only there was a way on the new SA. However, those JL 8.8’s can get down. I’m super happy with them after the only wakeboard run I’ve ever done behind the boat lol.
    I read a lot on the MC site. Lots of praise for the JL 8s and 7s.

Then the WS fans speak and a little back/forth follows.

But at the end of day who cares when you have either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

BP, do you have 2 or 4 8.8s on your SA? If 4, what factory amp is driving them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

If it's the 800/8 pushing them I bet they sound amazing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep, four 8.8’s on a JL 800/8. They’re clean and get loud, even at 85’ off.
    There’s no replacement for the mid-bass on the 410’s though. Having 2 10’s moving air up there is hard to beat. But for the money, unless they all fry, I wouldn’t make the switch. Sound quality wise the JL can’t be beat.
    It’s still amazing to me that JL hasn’t built something to compete with wet sounds.
    How sick would a 410 pod with 2 w6v3’s be?! Lmao
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Man I miss those days... 410’s are awesome. If only there was a way on the new SA.
    Was there a tower between this one and the newest? Could be possible ....

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded