Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Such a great thread z28ke. You were the first person I got advise from when I purchased my boat. I think Im done modifying it for awhile lol. I pretty much copied you, with some adds. This weekend I put a sealed box with a 10" kicker in the dash, and a ported 12" on the amplifier/battery side. I also plumbed the WM bow bag to the 2 front pumps, and it worked great yesterday. I now have 6200lbs of ballast that auto fills.
    Nice install and thank you for posting the pics, we’re going to need some pics of the wave too!!!

I bet hooking up the hoses to the pumps was a major pia with such limited access. If I decide to add a bow bag I’m sure I’ll have some questions for you.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Nice install and thank you for posting the pics, we’re going to need some pics of the wave too!!!

I bet hooking up the hoses to the pumps was a major pia with such limited access. If I decide to add a bow bag I’m sure I’ll have some questions for you.
    Oh man....3 of us were taking turns about every 10mins. Such limited space, and very uncomfortable. Our arms are all scratched up. My buddies kept telling me they have sweat equity now......automatic invites lol. After everything we went through, if it hadnt of worked, we might of set the boat on fire lol. I had sent my design to WMs, and to the Dealer, and both gave me a thumbs up, so I was pretty confident it would work.

20200421_075740.jpg20200421_075746.jpg
    2019' Moomba Max

Yup we need to see wave pics with the bow bag! What prop are you running and any issues at your elevation DNIXD99?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Been working on the boat again lately!

Installed 4 taco marine fender holders:

Removed the pads from the swim platform, transom, gunnels and bow in preparation for installing my Gatorstep kit. Found out a plastic razorblade WILL scratch the gel coat. No big deal since I had already planned on buffing the entire top half of the boat before putting the pads on. Also found out a DA polisher is not very effective at cutting gel, getting handy with a harbor freight rotary now! Going to go back over it with the DA to remove the swirls from the rotary.

Here is a pic of the “bluesteel” Gatorstep, goes perfect with the boat in my opinion:

I’ll post up some more pics when I finish the install
    The darker color will look much better with your color scheme! Plus no more snaps or rivets
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Right now Im running the 2419 at 3600-3900 RPMs (11.5-12mph), but I just ordered the 2943. I could care less about top speed. I prefer the gas savings, and less wear on the motor. Im also surfing a lake that white caps often lol. You have to get out there at 7am on summer weekends.
    2019' Moomba Max

Finished up the Gatorstep, at least the pieces I’m going to do for now. Have a few more to install next winter but it’s time to get her on the lift for the summer!

Everything fit great except I had to do a lot of trimming on the pieces that go in front of the windshield.

2018 Murder Max

Went ahead and mounted the swim ladder too

2018 Murder Max

Went ahead and mounted the swim ladder too

Man, that gatorstep install looks really good. Color matching looks OEM. Nice job. I could never take on a job like this. Mostly because of removing the old pads and cleaning the old glue. I would prolly wreck my gel finish to the point of no recovery.
    Just one comment, you should've had them put "Murder Max" on 'the swim platform, that would've killed it (get it, pun intended)
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

I love the ladder idea! Did you have to recess the bolts or nuts on the top side to have the gator step lay flat? It looks really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Man, that gatorstep install looks really good. Color matching looks OEM. Nice job. I could never take on a job like this. Mostly because of removing the old pads and cleaning the old glue. I would prolly wreck my gel finish to the point of no recovery.
    Just one comment, you should've had them put "Murder Max" on 'the swim platform, that would've killed it (get it, pun intended)
    Thank you for the compliment! It’s a lot darker than what came on the boat which was impossible to keep clean, plus being a 2018 it didn’t have the pieces around the top surfaces of the bow. I thought long and hard about “murder max” but decided against it for resale purposes, even though I don’t have any intentions to sell/upgrade for a while.
    2018 Murder Max