Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    To follow up on the ballast install, I went ahead and added a T and another fitting to the vent of the 720’s.

Everything worked great but they didn’t seem to drain as well as expected. One of the check valves didn’t seem to be working, when I put my hand over the thru hull it finally started to suck the rest of the water from the 720 through the rear bag and into the pump. I’ll have to make sure I didn’t install it backwards. Part of the issue could be an excessive amount of air in the system since it was the first time out.

I also realized the stock front bag has 2 vents/thru hulls so I need a second check valve up there.
    If you have time could you take a pic of the bow side of the stock rear bag? I didn't look at our correctly when I asked you before and ordered the same set up you have but think now I may have to sell / return it and just order the update kit with the larger rears. Anyone want to do this upgrade with stock rears? I'll give you a deal lol
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Kxmoomba View Post
    If you have time could you take a pic of the bow side of the stock rear bag? I didn't look at our correctly when I asked you before and ordered the same set up you have but think now I may have to sell / return it and just order the update kit with the larger rears. Anyone want to do this upgrade with stock rears? I'll give you a deal lol
    It looks the same as the stern side, has 2 ports at the bottom of the bag...
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

It looks the same as the stern side, has 2 ports at the bottom of the bag...
    I am wondering what yours look like, I thought I had the "newer" bags but now I do not think I do.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Were u able to access the transom vent area without drilling?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxman View Post
    Were u able to access the transom vent area without drilling?
    Yes, I just cut a little slit in one of the flexible vent tubes and ran the wire up through that.
    2018 Murder Max

So the wife has pointed out (on several occasions) a fatal flaw in the max with the bow filler cushion......no cupholders.

MagiqueW Universal stroller Cup Holder, Cup Drink Holder Fits Travel Mugs, Water Bottles Sippy Cups, 360° Rotation Handle Bar Mount for Baby Stroller,Bike,Pushchair,Wheelchair, Motorcycle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GSMHJV7..._GPf-CbQEMSH5G

Problem solved! Haven’t tried it with the big yeti cups yet but I think it’s a winner. Easily removable too.

2018 Murder Max

Haha thanks for reminding me of the cup holders. My wife said the same thing and was like where are the cup holders up here (we use the bow filler every outing). I’ll have to get me some of those!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

So the wife has pointed out (on several occasions) a fatal flaw in the max with the bow filler cushion......no cupholders.
    I guess they're functional. Not the direction I would have gone, but it gets the job done.

Personally, I would have busted out my hole saw and put in a pair of cupholders that were flush mounted into the deck. My XLV has a pair of cupholders for the bow that are flushed into the deck at the base of the windshield. For the Max, you'd probably have to put them on the front corners of the bow deck. PLENTY of room there. In fact, one of the things that bugs me about the Max is that in the area between the tip of the bow and the back of the front bow seats is DEAD SPACE where you can't access it. Total wasted opportunity for even more storage IMO. Making that a compartment for dock lines, anchor, etc would have been so much better than making it so it's impractical to impossible to access that space.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I guess they're functional. Not the direction I would have gone, but it gets the job done.

Personally, I would have busted out my hole saw and put in a pair of cupholders that were flush mounted into the deck. My XLV has a pair of cupholders for the bow that are flushed into the deck at the base of the windshield. For the Max, you'd probably have to put them on the front corners of the bow deck. PLENTY of room there. In fact, one of the things that bugs me about the Max is that in the area between the tip of the bow and the back of the front bow seats is DEAD SPACE where you can't access it. Total wasted opportunity for even more storage IMO. Making that a compartment for dock lines, anchor, etc would have been so much better than making it so it's impractical to impossible to access that space.
    I’ve considered drilling and adding some nice stainless cupholders, but figured if this works it’s easy and worth a shot...
    2018 Murder Max

I’ve considered drilling and adding some nice stainless cupholders, but figured if this works it’s easy and worth a shot...
    Like I said it's functional and cheap. it'll get ya by. I've got a pile of leftover stainless cupholders. Hit me up before you buy any! LOL.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com