Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Kxmoomba View Post
    So would these be the updated bags? I forgot to check my build date on the boat.
    Attachment 28290
    I can’t tell in that pic. Do they each have a pair of plugs close together on the bow side at the bottom?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

So the ballast upgrade was a success. Had a nice wave with plenty of push with just my wife in the boat and 1/2 tank of gas. Can’t wait to see the wave with a full crew.

I started filling and soon realized I forgot a plug on one of the stock bags. Duct tape saved the day!

Only good pic I got of the wave (without a rider) features my wife’s hind end, but figured y’all wouldn’t mind. This was with the stock bow bag full with 400lbs of lead up front, port side 100% and starboard around 80% @ 11.5mph, wake plate around 25% and surf tab @ 45%.

2018 Murder Max

What were your thoughts on your sound deadening mods now that you had a chance to get the boat out? Wave looks good!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    What were your thoughts on your sound deadening mods now that you had a chance to get the boat out? Wave looks good!
    It was worth the time and money for sure. Now you primarily hear wind and water.
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    It was worth the time and money for sure. Now you primarily hear wind and water.
    Sweet! Thanks for the update. I'll for sure be adding it to the mod list. Could you possibly that a quick vid next time you're on the boat with your cell phone or GoPro?
    Last edited by haknslash; 04-08-2019 at 08:28 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I can’t tell in that pic. Do they each have a pair of plugs close together on the bow side at the bottom?
    yeah so it would be 2 on the bow side and 2 on the rear for a total of 4 on the bottom of the bag.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Kxmoomba View Post
    yeah so it would be 2 on the bow side and 2 on the rear for a total of 4 on the bottom of the bag.
    Correctomundo
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Sweet! Thanks for the update. I'll for sure be adding it to the mod list. Could you possibly that a quick vid next time you're on the boat with your cell phone or GoPro?
    Yea I’ll try to remember on Saturday, planning to go out again if the weather is nice. I don’t have a YouTube account but I’ll be glad to text or email you a video if you pm me your contact.
    2018 Murder Max

To follow up on the ballast install, I went ahead and added a T and another fitting to the vent of the 720’s.

Everything worked great but they didn’t seem to drain as well as expected. One of the check valves didn’t seem to be working, when I put my hand over the thru hull it finally started to suck the rest of the water from the 720 through the rear bag and into the pump. I’ll have to make sure I didn’t install it backwards. Part of the issue could be an excessive amount of air in the system since it was the first time out.

I also realized the stock front bag has 2 vents/thru hulls so I need a second check valve up there.
    2018 Murder Max

Default Murder Max Mods

I just put the check valve on after (distal) to the y’d connection of the 720 bag spliced into the front bags vent.

Edit. Nevermind, just realized you were talking about the front bag. I’ll have to go through your install, didn’t recall you doing the anything to the front bag. Not going to lie, I don’t even know how to access that sucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FamilyMan; 04-11-2019 at 12:07 AM.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere