Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

I plan to do sound deadener in the engine compartment as well. Let us know how well it quiets down the engine.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I plan to do sound deadener in the engine compartment as well. Let us know how well it quiets down the engine.
    I will definitely report back.

When I was putting the v-drive cover back on I noticed a nice gap between it and the vertical wall. The light shined through like this all the way across the top.

So I found a window seal at ace and secured it with glue and stainless staples. Seems to do the job!

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Nice find with fixing that gap! Can't wait to hear your thoughts how the deadening material performs.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

z28ke -- how much research did you do on the matting material. I am thinking of doing this before the boat gets wet this spring as well. Have done a bit of searching on forums and such and wonder if you just went with Kilmat product or that was a researched choice over Dynamat and other products?
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    z28ke -- how much research did you do on the matting material. I am thinking of doing this before the boat gets wet this spring as well. Have done a bit of searching on forums and such and wonder if you just went with Kilmat product or that was a researched choice over Dynamat and other products?
    I've used Kilmat as well, lining the underside of my helm over my WS XXX.

I would say it's attenuation is comparable with that of Dynamat at a much lower cost.

You can find various size sheets or rolls on Amazon.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    To be honest not a whole lot of research, but I did read a lot of amazon reviews on comparable products and decided on kilmat simply based on its reviews and the lower price point.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will just cut to the chase and go with that product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Hey z28ke, I like what you did with the RGB LEDs in the cockpit. I may follow some of your ideas for my Max LED lighting. I was wondering since you had the cup holders out, can you tell me if there are drain tubes or do they dump water in the storage compartments?

Did you get a chance to test out the sound deadening you did to see if there was a big improvement?
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Hey z28ke, I like what you did with the RGB LEDs in the cockpit. I may follow some of your ideas for my Max LED lighting. I was wondering since you had the cup holders out, can you tell me if there are drain tubes or do they dump water in the storage compartments?

Did you get a chance to test out the sound deadening you did to see if there was a big improvement?
    I just replaced my cupholders with LEDs.. There are no tubes on the cupholders in the cabin. The two that are on the transom do have tubes, but those are the only ones.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    I just replaced my cupholders with LEDs.. There are no tubes on the cupholders in the cabin. The two that are on the transom do have tubes, but those are the only ones.
    Dang that sucks to hear. So the midship cup holders just dump water into the underseat storage? If so I’ll definitely plug them like I had to do on my Yamaha. I’m guessing the 2 cup holders in the bow dump into the hull and go back to the bilge? I may just run tubes from all the cup holders so they dump into the bilge and be done with it.
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-06-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold