Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

Yup I’ll be cutting mine as well. I had posted that pic once I noticed the new ones came that way and knew I had to do the mod in the off season. Does it slide out eas now?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Yup I’ll be cutting mine as well. I had posted that pic once I noticed the new ones came that way and knew I had to do the mod in the off season. Does it slide out eas now?
    Well I need to trim another 1/2” or so off each side to make it easy. Right now I have to turn it a little sideways to get it it in/out but wanted err on the conservative side with my first cut.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Well I need to trim another 1/2” or so off each side to make it easy. Right now I have to turn it a little sideways to get it it in/out but wanted err on the conservative side with my first cut.
    Do you have to squeeze the box a hair? I do to get around the struts......just a slight squeeze. Should I trim off more?
    D
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    Do you have to squeeze the box a hair? I do to get around the struts......just a slight squeeze. Should I trim off more?
    D
    Yes. Gotta squeeze!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figure the squeeze is inevitable but I’ll take that any day over what you normally have to do if you don’t remove the struts.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Next up....sound deadener. I used it on the underside of the engine tray, sides of the dividers in the engine compartment, under the v-drive cover and midship floor panel. I’m not sure how well it’ll do with the heat in the engine compartment but I tested a bit with a torch and think it’ll do fine.

In hindsight I probably should have used this in the engine compartment: Car Insulation - 4' x 10' Roll (40 Sqft) Sound Deadener & Heat Barrier Mat - Automotive Lightweight Thermal Insulation https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016QUS1YE..._rzSyCb4FET75A

Did you tape it on with thermal tape , or did it require adhesive spray also? I would want the option to be able to remove easily for resale (when / if)?

Did it make a big difference? Thanks!!!
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.

Why would you want to remove for resale? Who wouldn't want a quieter boat?
    2020 Supra SA

I've put the same stuff on my Mojo. Planning on doing the floor panel this winter if I get to it. You definitely do NOT want to fool with trying to take it off after it is applied. To answer the question, it has it's own adhesive backing and the tape is just for the seams.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    I've put the same stuff on my Mojo. Planning on doing the floor panel this winter if I get to it. You definitely do NOT want to fool with trying to take it off after it is applied. To answer the question, it has it's own adhesive backing and the tape is just for the seams.
    ^ bingo!

In hindsight I would use this for the bottom of the engine tray and sides of the engine walls:

Design Engineering 050130 Boom Mat Under-Hood Thermal Acoustic Lining, 32" x 54" x .75" (12 sq. feet) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055VTOBA..._uT8QFb38956GB
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Hi, do you have any pictures of the plug light lit up at night? Would you go with it again? Just bought a 2018 Max and am thinking of going with ty e same light setup.