Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

^^excellent write up! Can't wait to see what results you get. I like your cargo net too. Have you inflated the bag with air to see how much it will affect the cargo net, if at all?

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    ^^excellent write up! Can't wait to see what results you get. I like your cargo net too. Have you inflated the bag with air to see how much it will affect the cargo net, if at all?
    Thank you! I did fill with a shopvac and there’s not much room left, but a row of life jackets or a few ropes should fit fine which is all I was hoping for.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

On my Max build I didn’t opt for the rear side trays because I didn’t know if larger bags would interfere. Looking at your side storage cargo net I can’t help but think this would be great for the rear lockers too for those who don’t have the trays. Can you take a closer pic of how you hung them?

I’ve got a spare 750 lb fly fly high fat sac. It’s 5” longer than your 720 lb bag but all other dimensions are the same. You think it will fit in there?
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-05-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    On my Max build I didn’t opt for the rear side trays because I didn’t know if larger bags would interfere. Looking at your side storage cargo net I can’t help but think this would be great for the rear lockers too for those who don’t have the trays. Can you take a closer pic of how you hung them?

I’ve got a spare 750 lb fly fly high fat sac. It’s 5” longer than your 720 lb bag but all other dimensions are the same. You think it will fit in there?
    Sure I’ll take some pics later today.

I think the 750 will be just a little too long but would probably work, you just wouldn’t be able to fill it all the way.
    2018 Murder Max

Are you using stock rears?
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Kxmoomba View Post
    Are you using stock rears?
    Yes, my boat was built in May 2018 and the stock rear bags have 2 front ports each. I believe some of the early 2018 model build’s did not come with front ports in the rear bags.

The 4x fly high 3/4” screw to 1 1/8” quick connect fittings on the parts list are what’s needed for the stock rear bags (if they have the 2 front ports).
    2018 Murder Max

Here is how I mounted the cargo nets:

I went into some more detail here:

Hinge seats
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...7&share_type=t

If I was going to mount nets where the rear trays go I would screw straight into the engine divider panel on one side, and drill through the fiberglass lip on the other and use a bolt/nut.

The nets I used are rig rite manufacturing from amazon. This seems to be the best length for under the seats: Rig Rite Manufacturing 1200... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001BW6AXC...p_mob_ap_share

I also mounted this under the engine hatch for the surf rope, and will be adding one more for the ski rope: Rig Rite 1150 Boat Console Cargo... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QMT3488...p_mob_ap_share

2018 Murder Max

Great images and links. I will be looking into implementing some of these ideas this spring once the boat is out of storage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Craz

Next up....sound deadener. I used it on the underside of the engine tray, sides of the dividers in the engine compartment, under the v-drive cover and midship floor panel. I’m not sure how well it’ll do with the heat in the engine compartment but I tested a bit with a torch and think it’ll do fine.

In hindsight I probably should have used this in the engine compartment: Car Insulation - 4' x 10' Roll (40 Sqft) Sound Deadener & Heat Barrier Mat - Automotive Lightweight Thermal Insulation https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016QUS1YE..._rzSyCb4FET75A
    2018 Murder Max

extra ballast right there
    2018 Supra SL400