Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

I'm curious how your EQ interacts with your transom remote. Do you run bluetooth through the stereo, and control all of the volume/levels and zones with the EQ? What role does the transom remote play? Just skipping tracks and adusting the overall volume?

I have a Max on order, but didn't mess with the stereo controls much, so trying to decide if I should add an EQ also.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Good question CSM. I run all music through the fusion head unit (either Bluetooth from my phone or good old radio FM) and have the max volume for the head unit set at about 70-80% so the signal to the amps remains clear. I leave this turned all the way up and then adjust volume with the exile zone controller.

With it setup like this the transom remote will still change songs and turn the volume down, but it can’t turn the volume up (since it’s already set at a max of 70-80%). If you want to have more volume control with the transom remote or head unit just turn the volume up to 75%+ on the zone controller and then use the volume knob on the hu or transom remote to adjust.

That’s the best way I can think to explain it.

If you have a pair of properly powered tower speakers the zone controller is a must so you aren’t blowing the heads off your crew sitting in the stern all day long. My wife’s words: “I can’t hear myself think when those things are turned up, forget about communicating with someone right beside you” hahaha
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

So, I am thinking of using these in my 2018 Max. It lists specific diameter hole sizes that it fits. Since my boat is shrink wrapped already for winter, I have no way to measure the hole diameter. Can somebody tell me if the diameter is a match to what is specified on the page in the link please? I only wish I had the skill and patience to do the things you guys do here , but I have to depend on pre made things.

LED cup holder rings

Also, I don't remember how many cup holders are in the boat either!!!

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by jimmsch View Post
    So, I am thinking of using these in my 2018 Max. It lists specific diameter hole sizes that it fits. Since my boat is shrink wrapped already for winter, I have no way to measure the hole diameter. Can somebody tell me if the diameter is a match to what is specified on the page in the link please? I only wish I had the skill and patience to do the things you guys do here , but I have to depend on pre made things.

LED cup holder rings

Also, I don't remember how many cup holders are in the boat either!!!

Thanks in advance
    You should go with these:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-GLOWIN...OfZT:rk:3:pf:0

They are less expensive and look better. I have them in my boat and they are rad. It's what Malibu uses on their high end boats too.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    You should go with these:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-GLOWIN...OfZT:rk:3:pf:0

They are less expensive and look better. I have them in my boat and they are rad. It's what Malibu uses on their high end boats too.
    Second this, I have them in my boat and they look great. I have a mix of blue and green and both colors look great.

I believe the max has 17 cup holders including the 2 on the transom iirc.
    2018 Murder Max

Maybe I missed it, but are you finding the two cabin speakers enough, as long as they’re properly powered? Or do you feel like it needs two more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but are you finding the two cabin speakers enough, as long as they’re properly powered? Or do you feel like it needs two more?

I mean two more in the back would be nice, but with my exile setup (one pair in the bow, one pair in the stern, and a 12” sub) it gets plenty loud! Probably too loud if you ask my wife lol.
    2018 Murder Max

Good to know. Thanks. I’ve always had 4 in the cabin so was a little concerned but I’ll give it a go with 2.

'19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

My wife got me this rgb underwater led for Christmas and I got around to installing it today. Had to take the grinder to it as others on this forum have done to clear the wakeplate.

I’ll wire it up when I start working on ballast upgrades. I think she got me some 720lbs bags for my birthday, fingers crossed!
    2018 Murder Max