Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

I have two vents t’d from the top of the rear bags just like the mids in the pic, and you’ll want the check valve after the T that connects the rear and mid vents. See my lovely edit below; the green “squiggly” is where you put the check valves.

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Thanks for the info! I’ll need to order some extra connectors to have two vents on the rear bags but no biggie. So the check valve basically will end up sort of next to the overflow thru hull fitting? Good to know!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Yep, the check valve is the last thing in the system before the thru hull fitting.
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Yep, the check valve is the last thing in the system before the thru hull fitting.
    Got it and thanks for confirming. My boat is 1.5 hours away so I'm trying to do this upgrade in one trip with everything I need heh.

I should have realized I could have just stuck my finger in the check valve to see which way the flap went but yes blowing also works lol. The housing is also larger on the side the flapper has to fold into so that also should have been a clue for me lol. Regardless I went ahead and marked the flow direction so I don't forget when it comes time to install next week.

Based off your recommendation I realized I did not have enough bag and hose fittings to do two vents per each rear bag instead of one so I put in an order at WM this morning for them. I also ordered another pair of 1" Tee fittings so that I could make this plumbing network below. I think this is how I should do it similar to yours. I'm going to move my ballast sensor in between the check valve and the Tee fitting. Thoughts?

Last edited by haknslash; 05-02-2021 at 12:38 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I’ve got Enzo’s in my mojo. They drain and fill well but after a bit of surfing it seems
    I get a lot of air back in the bag. Does these check valves prevent that from happening? If so, I also plan to add a check valve to my
    Front bow bag. Thanks for any info.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Please make a vid of your install. I have the WM upgrade kit as well and waiting to install once the boat is out of storage. BTW.. you are a diagram genius! So much easier to understand then trying to read the description of what is happening.
    2018 Moomba Max

My new Makai gearbox has one heck of a high pitched scream when you put the rpm's to it. Did your Max do that, and did the sound dampening knock it down? We noticed it on the demo ride with the dealer too, and he said that's just a v drive for you. I was immediatly thinking about doing what you did.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by Ferns View Post
    Please make a vid of your install. I have the WM upgrade kit as well and waiting to install once the boat is out of storage. BTW.. you are a diagram genius! So much easier to understand then trying to read the description of what is happening.
    Hah I like making the diagrams as it helps me understand what I need to do as well and what fittings I need to buy. Some of them are kind of pricey for what they are! Glad you enjoy them if it helps ya too!

I will for sure have a video of the install and how it does filling and draining. Hopefully no issues but if there are I’ll be sure to mention it and figure out what to do next. I’m glad this community likes to share tips and help everyone out. I’ve learned a lot from the community here and very thankful of it!
    Last edited by haknslash; 05-04-2021 at 08:20 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    I’ve got Enzo’s in my mojo. They drain and fill well but after a bit of surfing it seems
    I get a lot of air back in the bag. Does these check valves prevent that from happening? If so, I also plan to add a check valve to my
    Front bow bag. Thanks for any info.
    “They” say not to do that on the front bow bag because it is piggybacked off the hard center tank, which you could supposedly tin can when pulling vacuum. I have doubts since even with the check valves on my rears the bags almost never get all the water out and suck flat.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    My new Makai gearbox has one heck of a high pitched scream when you put the rpm's to it. Did your Max do that, and did the sound dampening knock it down? We noticed it on the demo ride with the dealer too, and he said that's just a v drive for you. I was immediatly thinking about doing what you did.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Yes the raptors are pretty loud IMO, the sound dampening was certainly worth the time and money.
    2018 Murder Max