Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    I took a queue from you and lit up my speakers. Good tip on the led lights. The best part is the boat was pre-wired for them, so the install was super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That looks great!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I have the same 720 bags but mine are not vented. Did you ever fill and use yours before they were vented? I was curious if they were worth venting? Was considering venting mine this off season, this season i have just been keeping one of the fittings hand tight and manually venting if needed.
    2019 Max

Quote Originally Posted by Ely13 View Post
    I have the same 720 bags but mine are not vented. Did you ever fill and use yours before they were vented? I was curious if they were worth venting? Was considering venting mine this off season, this season i have just been keeping one of the fittings hand tight and manually venting if needed.
    Never tried them without, I vented them from the start. If you’re having to regularly vent them manually I’d say it’s definitely worth doing.
    2018 Murder Max

Thank you Z28ke for putting this together! You definitely saved me a lot of time and gave me some great ideas doing the upgrades on my Max.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    Thank you Z28ke for putting this together! You definitely saved me a lot of time and gave me some great ideas doing the upgrades on my Max.
    Yessir, glad it helped! More to come soon
    2018 Murder Max

Hey z28ke, do you have any video of the bass from your sub?

I want to add a box to the back of mine and wondering if the free air WS sub will sound decent or should i plan to toss it? I'm not looking for massive bass but would like to feel it more in the cockpit.

Brings me to another point. Have you had to add any sound deadening to under the dash? I've noticed that even with the stock free air WS sub the dash can develop a rattle on the top. i want to say it comes from under where the cell phone pocket / usb cubby is. I haven't really looked under there to see if I can make it more quiet under there.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I’m not a audio expert but even with your sub being a FA I think it would benefit greatly from a box enclosure behind it. I don’t have any good vids that I recall, and doubt my cell could capture it accurately.

I’m also thinking a box might help with the rattle from the dash you are hearing, but if not it would be easy to get up in there and figure out where it’s coming from and secure it.
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Hey z28ke, do you have any video of the bass from your sub?

I want to add a box to the back of mine and wondering if the free air WS sub will sound decent or should i plan to toss it? I'm not looking for massive bass but would like to feel it more in the cockpit.

Brings me to another point. Have you had to add any sound deadening to under the dash? I've noticed that even with the stock free air WS sub the dash can develop a rattle on the top. i want to say it comes from under where the cell phone pocket / usb cubby is. I haven't really looked under there to see if I can make it more quiet under there.
    Definitely Dynamat under the helm, it will help address rattles.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

P.s. Kilmat provides comparable sound deadening/attenuation as Dynamat at a much cheaper price. Look for it on Amazon.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    P.s. Kilmat provides comparable sound deadening/attenuation as Dynamat at a much cheaper price. Look for it on Amazon.

I swear you have like 1/10 of the wiring under the helm that I do lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD