Default Birmingham Lakes?

We're looking at dragging the Craz down to Birmingham in the next couple of weeks to add some time on the water to a regularly scheduled long weekend visit with my lady's sister/brother-in-law. Suggestions or info on water that is reasonable for a day trip out of the south side of Birmingham (Homewood)?
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Smith Lake is very popular and there are a couple of others in the area. I live in Huntsville about 1.5 hours north and we typically boat on the TN River.
    1991 Cobia Monte Carlo 188E (Sold)
    2014 Moomba Mojo (Sold)
    Next ??

Yeah, Guntersville and Wheeler on the TN river look more like what i am used to in KY. Everything else kind of looks like a puddle...
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Lake Martin is incredible. About 90 min. SE of Birmingham but well worth the drive. The last page of this thread has pics from our trip there a couple years ago. We've done a week there 5 years straight.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....together/page9
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That looks pretty killer! She mentioned lake martin, I think they have some friends there.

Lake Martin is awesome. We go there a few times a summer and have been for about 6 years now. Smith Lake will be closer and it has close to 500 miles of shoreline. Lake Martin has 750 miles. I've never been to Smith Lake so I can't say much about it. I have several friends that live close by, go there, and love it. Lake Martin is my happy place so I'd recommend making the drive there if time allows it.
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Lake Martin is incredible. About 90 min. SE of Birmingham but well worth the drive. The last page of this thread has pics from our trip there a couple years ago. We've done a week there 5 years straight.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....together/page9
    Let me know if and when you go back this summer. We'll be there a week in June and a week in July. It would be nice to meet and maybe hang out. Maybe we can share favorite riding spots on the lake and we know of a few rope swings (you may have already found them).
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

I've spent time on Lake Mitchell east of Clanton as well.....pretty nice and if you can get out on a weekday you may have glass for miles.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE