Default Blower Interfering with Throttle.

Hi Gents,

I have a Moomba DD 2008 with a 325 Assault engine.

So far a few small electrical problems but all sorted now.

Big problem I have is when using the blower the throttle (Butterfly valve) is acting sporadically. Also all the engine instruments gets affected when using the blower.

I spoke to the local mechanic and he suggests the earth wire is the culprit. Seeing that is a common earth I have no idea where to start.

I tried pulling power direcrly from the positive and vice versa with the negative wire but with no results.

Cheers
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by "Wave along" View Post
    Hi Gents,

I have a Moomba DD 2008 with a 325 Assault engine.

So far a few small electrical problems but all sorted now.

Big problem I have is when using the blower the throttle (Butterfly valve) is acting sporadically. Also all the engine instruments gets affected when using the blower.

I spoke to the local mechanic and he suggests the earth wire is the culprit. Seeing that is a common earth I have no idea where to start.

I tried pulling power direcrly from the positive and vice versa with the negative wire but with no results.

Cheers
    Wayne
    So with the blower off there is no issue?
    Also, you state you reattached both the positive and negative wires (hopefully cleaning the connections) and it still causes problems?

If so, the blower may have an internal short. In that case just buy a new blower as they are quite inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

It is actually a brand new blower.

Ill try and take the blower wires and connect it from a different source to see if its maybe the wires feeding the blower?