Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To park on that side, if space and depth allows, it's best u-turn and park stern facing shore. You keep the dock on the right, and much easier to park.

Don't forget that you don't need to take a full sweeping u-turn. Turn hard left to nose straight toward the side of the dock (very slowly) about where the forward cleat would end up when parked, keep the wheel left and reverse briefly, then forward a bit, then reverse. Doing this a few times will spin the boat in place without much movement. Keeping the wheel hard left will keep the counter-clockwise spin. The left turn won't affect reverse at these low speeds. The stern will still pull right.
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

First docking of the season was not bad. It's one of those docks that you have to get around the post to get to the dock. I can get the nose in there but I can never seem to suck my back end in after I do it. Even on the right side. So I have an angle of attack of about 30 degrees and have to throw the stern line in to get pulled it. Even with multiple calm and controlled one second bumps in reverse with the wheel hard over to the right. I could not pull the back end in without pulling the bow away from the dock. Also there is almost always a beam wind away from the dock as well at the launch I use.

With my Yamaha I could pull into any tight spot lick a champ. This boat I am struggling. But I get it one day.
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

I’m a little worried about driving my Max onto the boat lift, is it difficult? I’m getting full length guide 9n with rollers.
    2019 Moomba Max

If you're less concerned about looking like a NEWB and more concerned about not putting any marks on your boat, then you could certainly get a telescoping docking pole. Sometimes, it's worth sacrificing ego to avoid screwing up your boat. I've had a situation where I've had to dock in a spot where I had to come in past a pontoon, to get the next spot in on the inside of a service dock. so I had the shore on my left, the pontoon on my right, and then the "T" portion of the dock ahead of me with little to no room for error. Basically I had to pass the pontoon and then so directly sideways without hitting my bow on the dock's walkway or the stern on the pontoon's bow. Needless to say, I brought a docking stick on that trip and it's like having telescoping arms that can save your a**. Better than throwing a line as you can push and pull. And really don't even need someone on the dock to "catch" the line with a pole in most situations. Sure, it doesn't "look cool", but it's a tool worth considering if you're in a really difficult spot.

Last edited by trayson; 05-13-2019 at 07:12 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    If you're less concerned about looking like a NEWB and more concerned about not putting any marks on your boat, then you could certainly get a telescoping docking pole. Sometimes, it's worth sacrificing ego to avoid screwing up your boat. I've had a situation where I've had to dock in a spot where I had to come in past a pontoon, to get the next spot in on the inside of a service dock. so I had the shore on my left, the pontoon on my right, and then the "T" portion of the dock ahead of me with little to no room for error. Basically I had to pass the pontoon and then so directly sideways without hitting my bow on the dock's walkway or the stern on the pontoon's bow. Needless to say, I brought a docking stick on that trip and it's like having telescoping arms that can save your a**. Better than throwing a line as you can push and pull. And really don't even need someone on the dock to "catch" the line with a pole in most situations. Sure, it doesn't "look cool", but it's a tool worth considering if you're in a really difficult spot.

Yep, got one of those too. They are worth their weight in gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I will buy one as well thanks for the info. I wish these rudder boats sucked in a little better lol. I keep clicking it in and out of reverse with no side ways travel on the stern.
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Yep, got one of those too. They are worth their weight in gold!

How do you use it Stazi? Just have someone in the boat use it to push and pull off the dock/obstacles to get you aligned while you're driving it in to dock?
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags

Default Parking the boat to the left advice

Exactly. The driver can use it too if you are moving DEAD SLOW, otherwise you first mate just uses the hook to pull on ropes, piling, poles, the edge of a dock or you can push off docks and other things etc with the end piece. You can also use it to reach out and place docks line onto cleats of the dock etc. the video below give you and idea.

https://youtu.be/0YSn3qR_FQw

Last edited by Stazi; 05-17-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    2017 Moomba Craz