Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default 2015 mondo interior already coming apart?

Interesting response from SC. I’m having very similar issues with my 2013 mojo and I can assure you I’m not putting it up wet or leaving it exposed to unnecessary sun.
    2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    It appears your seats have caught an STD (sun transmitted disease)... DAMN
    Definitely not sun. My boat is always in it’s house. Wet, yes. I use my boat a lot so after skiing etc the cushions are going to be wet, even if you dry the surface. How can you say putting a Boat away after use is owner fault? What can a reasonable person do to dry a boats interior after use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L
    1996 VIP Vision 183 / Mercruiser 3.0LX (retired)
    Primary interest Freestyle Slalom, Vintage skis

Quote Originally Posted by Horwitz View Post
    Definitely not sun. My boat is always in it’s house. Wet, yes. I use my boat a lot so after skiing etc the cushions are going to be wet, even if you dry the surface. How can you say putting a Boat away after use is owner fault? What can a reasonable person do to dry a boats interior after use?

Do you dry all the seats with a towel?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Do you dry all the seats with a towel?
    Yes. And wet vac the carpet

2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L

I've been doing a little research, talking to Moomba and Spradling(makes the vinyl) and online. Spradling told me to use dawn and water to clean the seats or an approved vinyl cleaner and then a vinyl protectant. We discussed 303 products, cleaner and protectant which are both approved by them.

I found that anything that has silicone or petroleum products are going to eat away the outer layer of the seats, including sun tan oils/sunscreens. I also found something about foot traffic being a major contributing factor to what we are seeing. On my boat the cracking is most severe in the back 3 cushions where people climb in the boat. I have some light cracking on the cushions below the board racks, where people stand to get boards. The sundeck, bow cushions captains chair, passenger's chair and all backs still look great. Not sure how minimize foot traffic into the boat, maybe remove that middle cushion and use that path. Maybe not even boat with the middle cushion anymore. And we will come up with another way to get boards in an out of the racks.

Anyone have any input on the foot traffic thing, I already don't let shoes on the boat, as everyone else does on this forum?

Link to Spradling Resources - they have approved cleaners and some other information.
    https://spradlingvinyl.com/resource-library/?=#marine
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    I've been doing a little research, talking to Moomba and Spradling(makes the vinyl) and online. Spradling told me to use dawn and water to clean the seats or an approved vinyl cleaner and then a vinyl protectant. We discussed 303 products, cleaner and protectant which are both approved by them.

I found that anything that has silicone or petroleum products are going to eat away the outer layer of the seats, including sun tan oils/sunscreens. I also found something about foot traffic being a major contributing factor to what we are seeing. On my boat the cracking is most severe in the back 3 cushions where people climb in the boat. I have some light cracking on the cushions below the board racks, where people stand to get boards. The sundeck, bow cushions captains chair, passenger's chair and all backs still look great. Not sure how minimize foot traffic into the boat, maybe remove that middle cushion and use that path. Maybe not even boat with the middle cushion anymore. And we will come up with another way to get boards in an out of the racks.

Anyone have any input on the foot traffic thing, I already don't let shoes on the boat, as everyone else does on this forum?

Link to Spradling Resources - they have approved cleaners and some other information.
    https://spradlingvinyl.com/resource-library/?=#marine
    SC recommended a rubber floor mat for that purpose

2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L

SC recommended a rubber floor mat for that purpose

A rubber floor mat where, on the seats when boarding or getting boards? and is anyone using a rubber floor mat?
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    A rubber floor mat where, on the seats when boarding or getting boards? and is anyone using a rubber floor mat?
    Nope, but I avoid walking on the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Nope, but I avoid walking on the seats.
    I just can’t get anybody ELSE to not step on the back seats. So I have my older beater set of seats for wet work, and 3 new seats for polite company.

2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L

I just can’t get anybody ELSE to not step on the back seats. So I have my older beater set of seats for wet work, and 3 new seats for polite company.

We walk on them, just don't stand around on them. You may want to watch how you use that area. I haven't had issues with spradling, I've redone several boats with it. My used 2017 Craz was a rental boat with 500hrs and was left in the sun all season with lots of foot traffic so I know it's not the vinyl. With my crew they're usually pretty tired so we kinda roll into the boat. You may be jumping down or standing around on those seats while changing riders.