Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

2dyh9w.jpg
    So excited about this weekend. Going to double up and wakesurf Saturday and Sunday.
    Last edited by Snowslydder; 07-13-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Finally after multiple outings, settings, tips, tricks and trail and error we got a great wave out the Craz. We were able to go all the way to the end of the rope and still have push (205lb rider) to be able to get back in the front of the wave. My wife who is 115lbs can just stare at the wave and fly forward on it. The settings posted below are for a regular wave.

We upgraded to this boat from a Yamaha AR192 and thought hey we will just throw some switches to go surfing. To our surprise it did not work and we have a brand new '18 Craz with an unflattering wave. We were a little miffed since we both have been wakeboarding and snowboarding for 15+ years. We messed with it and eventually I joined this forum. What we learned is wake making is not automatic but an art form. My wife had no problem staying in the wave because she so is so small but was pearling a lot. I was 210 on a meh board and could not go ropeless for more the 10 seconds. I had issues where I would only have push right next to the swim step. I could put my foot on the gas peddle and would not move forward at all. So we read on here you have to slam it and we did which makes most of the difference. We tried to use the autowake stock settings but it did not work with the added weight. We found that with the bow at 10° vice 9° and the roll at 4° vice 3° gave the wave way more push. We ran a GoPro on every wave we made and noticed that when the curl in the back was thick the wave was had more push then if it was a thin curl. We tried the higher speeds (10.9-11.6) we saw recommended but it seemed to make the wave have less push in the back. Anything the below 10.5 the wave was Huge but super short so no room to move around. With the settings we have posted below we now have an awesome wave.

Another thing I want to point out is surfboard selection. We both had Ronix boards and thought we were just bad at surfing and where pearling ever 20 seconds. You have seen the Ronix promos, a board that does what ever you want... So we assumed it was us. We ran into other surfers on lake Whatcom and they pointed out we should get better boards. Long story short they struggled with these boards as well since they are poorly designed by wakeboard companies. They suggest we buy boards from wakesurf companies with a background in surfing. They recommended Doomswell/Soulcraft for surfboards and Phase 5 for skim. So I hunted around and was helped out by Doomswell and bought a 4'8 Neo and upgraded to large Chaos wakesurf fins. Boom there it was no more pearling and a great board to learn on.

All and all I want to thank everyone on this forum who helped me out through this post and PMs. I want to thank the Wakeboard forum as well. The people in this community are awesome. From the boat maker guy talking one on one with the people on this forum. To the wakesurf board manufactures and fin makers helping me find a board that would work for me. I have owned many snowboards and in my life and have never heard a word from Mervin. There is a ton of support and that helps makes this sport great. We have taught 2 people to surf so far and the smile on faces was worth all of the time it took to make this boat fun. Thanks once again.

Settings:
    Ballast; Full
    -With ENZOs, 500lbs of lead and a 350 pound bag on the surf side.
    +100lbs of lead in the bow under the IBS
    +250lbs at mid ship in the dry storage area by the battery switch
    +150lbs back left corner under the sliding seat
    +350lbs bag was on the surf in the back corner to simulate passengers since it was only the wife, 5 year old and I.
    -Not needed if you have to adults that you can put in the surf side corner
    Plates:
    -Wakeplate 14
    -Surf tab 55
    Speed: 10.6-10.8
    Pitch: 10°
    Roll: -4°

P.S. I will post a video of the wave and my ENZO install video after I edit them later today.
    Last edited by Snowslydder; 07-26-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!